Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Synchro X Input

When meeting with Pentax, I suggested that one of the givens for a pro spec camera is a synchro X input, which the K10D does not have. They agreed with me and assured me that it would be available on the next evolution..

02-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi Benjamin, did they mention about the higher end model (?K1D) in the meeting? They are supposed to be working on one according to the interviews posted.
02-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Hi Benjamin, did they mention about the higher end model (?K1D) in the meeting? They are supposed to be working on one according to the interviews posted.
If Pentax works like other manufacturers, Ben is probably under an NDA (non-disclosure agreement), so he can't tell us even if he knows or they'll send a member of the Yakuza to do vile things to him or his equipment in the middle of the night! ;o)
Rob W
02-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by macdaddy Quote
Ben is probably under an NDA...
Shhh.... don't remind him

I am looking for answers like "No"
or something like "Sorry I cannot tell you at this point...."
and that's all I need.

02-17-2007, 04:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
NDA

QuoteOriginally posted by macdaddy Quote
If Pentax works like other manufacturers, Ben is probably under an NDA (non-disclosure agreement), so he can't tell us even if he knows or they'll send a member of the Yakuza to do vile things to him or his equipment in the middle of the night! ;o)
Rob W
Yes..I am under a verbal NDA agreement..If I divulge info to the public, they will send Mr. Yamazaki to cut my B-LL off. Only have one left since my divorce...However, Pentax do have a few surprises up their sleeve.
02-17-2007, 04:40 AM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Yes..I am under a verbal NDA agreement..If I divulge info to the public, they will send Mr. Yamazaki to cut my B-LL off. Only have one left since my divorce...However, Pentax do have a few surprises up their sleeve.
So long as none of the surprises are them changing mounts, i'll be happy :P
02-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mount Change

QuoteOriginally posted by Cideway Quote
So long as none of the surprises are them changing mounts, i'll be happy :P
That isn't happening...

Ben

02-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
Aneopa

Forgive my ignorande, but I dont know wath you want to mean with synchro X input... Can anyone, please, enlightme?

Thanks in advance
02-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Synchro Flash Input

QuoteOriginally posted by Aneopa Quote
Forgive my ignorande, but I dont know wath you want to mean with synchro X input... Can anyone, please, enlightme?

Thanks in advance
When shooting Studio Flash, one will use a cable with a male Jack that connects to the flash unit and a smaller concentric ring jack that plugs in to the camera, which the K10D does not have...
02-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I e-mailed Pentax USA (Colorado) about 3 weeks ago (response and initial inquiry):

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

for studio strobes....DorianB81 (12:22:30 PM): u need a pc connector...DorianB81 (12:22:39 PM): and for a pc connector u need a hot shoe adapter 2p...
For studio strobes you need a PC Connector and for a PC connector you need a hot shoe adapter 2p.
The hot shoe adapter 2p allows the k10D to have a PC Adapter.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Robert Bradley
Pentax Imaging Technical Support

Your Email:
Have K10D(plural-as in 3units) and 'pc' cable based studioflash. Need camera safe connection details-what hotshoe to pc plug
device? I realize this will be a manual mode situation (not PTTL)-I'm concerned about safety of camera!

I have tried Wein safe-sync---does NOT work; NO flash!

Then I went to B&H: P2
Got it ten days latter, even though it's not regularly stocked--works fine.

A step up would be: PW-II. No wires, a long time headache with their intermittent breaks, shorts and notorious tendency to fall out of socket. Putting a pair on order Monday.