Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Pentax K3 | Used Bundle | Price | Advice?

Hey, all -

I hope this is a proper place to post my question! If not, I apologize.

So, per some great feedback from forum members, I've decided to take the plunge and purchase the K1.

My current setup consists of 2 K3s and a host of lenses.

To help fund the new purchase, I am planning on selling the newer of my K3 bodies, along with some lenses I no longer want or need.

The bundle will consist of:

Pentax K3 - Shutter Count | 29,321 - the camera is in near new condition. Never dropped, scratched, etc. There is a small scuff circular scuff, on the bottom of the body, near the tripod body mount. This is from a carrying adapted I had attached for a while. Planning on including the original strap, charger, one battery, etc.

Pentax DA 50mm 1.8 - near perfect condition. Both original caps and a metal hood.

Pentax DA 35 2.4 - near perfect condition. Both original caps and a metal hood.

Pentax DA 18-135 WR - good condition. There are a couple dings near the front of the lens. Overall, the lens is in solid condition with normal signs of wear. Glass is pristine. Missing the hood.

Generic carrying case.

Truth be told, I have next to no experience buying or selling used photographic equipment.

Curious about what some of you would consider a fair asking price for the bundle?

Genuinely appreciate any insight, suggestions, help, etc.

Thanks, all!

Cheers,

-J

02-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Look up each item on eBAY to get an idea of the going prices (stick to USA sellers). Offer each item individually priced and consider discounts from the combined price if someone takes a body + a lens or some other combination of two or more items..
02-09-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You can also check here on the forum to see what people are selling or have sold the different items for. I do know that I have seen both the DA50 and DA35 for on average around $100 here on the forum.
02-09-2017, 11:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the input, gents.

The forum turned out to be a lot more helpful than eBay.

Think I've got a pretty solid plan in place, in terms of pricing.

Cheers!

-Jonny

02-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Basic rule - sell for as much as you can get. Buy for as little as you can pay.