Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-19-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can i set MF assist to something other than center point

Im out shooting today with the samyang 85mm. Its a manual focus, im relying heavily on the focus assust red square vut it would be nice the have it be more active as i focus or get 11 points or more fow when im trying to focus on a su ject thats not in center ooint. I try to cent point but when i mive away it seems to loose focus. I have SOO many out if focus pics today.

---------- Post added 02-19-17 at 12:57 PM ----------

Cameras a k3

02-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by no694terry Quote
Im out shooting today with the samyang 85mm. Its a manual focus, im relying heavily on the focus assust red square vut it would be nice the have it be more active as i focus or get 11 points or more fow when im trying to focus on a su ject thats not in center ooint. I try to cent point but when i mive away it seems to loose focus. I have SOO many out if focus pics today.

Cameras a k3
Pretty sure with manual lenses you only get the center point.
02-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by no694terry Quote

Cameras a k3
I don't think you can select anything else than the center focus point.
The red square does not confirm locked focus, though! Focus confirmation is shown by the green hexagon at the bottom of the viewfinder.
02-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks. I often (always) forget about the green hex, never look down there really while shooting kids.

If i hit info i can change the autofocus setting to 27, 11 etc but it still comes back to center point. It feels almost like it was for gotten on the firmware to focus assist other areas.

the options are there, just cant use them

02-19-2017, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Haha never knew there was a green hexagon. I always thought it was the red dot. That explains a few things.
02-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wissink Quote
Haha never knew there was a green hexagon. I always thought it was the red dot. That explains a few things.
I always "listened" to my screw-drive lenses for focus confirmation. My first HSM lens took a few shots to get used to it - "Is this thing on?"
03-16-2017, 12:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
im playing around with my new 10-20. With the lever camera body switched to AF and the lens switched to MF, the body switches to MF but the 11 point focus assist still works. As in the little red squares light up all over the view finder as I focus in and out manually. So i switched back to my Samyang 85, and nothing. it will only do center point focus assist