Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2007, 03:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mission Hills, CA
Posts: 773
K10D and Tethering

Is there a program that I can use to Tether my K10D? Pentax said they were going to upgrade their software program but I have not seen it.

Also, has anyone heard if Capture One will have tethering with the K10D.


wll

02-17-2007, 04:33 AM   #2
Forum Member
flash1100's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Perth West Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 97
Tethering

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
Is there a program that I can use to Tether my K10D? Pentax said they were going to upgrade their software program but I have not seen it.

Also, has anyone heard if Capture One will have tethering with the K10D.


wll
Just looked over the Phase One website. It seems the only cameras supported for tethering are Canon. As Capture One doesn't support even K100D RAW(according to their website) it may be a while if at all.

Last edited by flash1100; 02-17-2007 at 04:34 AM. Reason: mispelling
02-17-2007, 05:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,397
QuoteOriginally posted by flash1100 Quote
Just looked over the Phase One website. It seems the only cameras supported for tethering are Canon. As Capture One doesn't support even K100D RAW(according to their website) it may be a while if at all.
Pentax had a program got the *istD called "Remote Assistant" which would allow full control of the camera via a computer, including firing the shutter. I have already asked pentax to update this to work with the K10D, plus include some options like changing the default file name in the camera, to avoid duplicate file names when using 2 cameras
02-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,414
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I have already asked pentax to update this to work with the K10D, plus include some options like changing the default file name in the camera, to avoid duplicate file names when using 2 cameras
Let's hope they come through. These would both be very helpful.

02-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
Pentax said they were going to upgrade their software program but I have not seen it.
The last word on the Remote Assistant is that the K10D version should be ready in a month or two.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k10d, photography, program
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tethering for the K200 is Here!! elwrongo Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 04-05-2011 04:08 AM
Tethering on K5, your thoughts... CaymanImaging Pentax K-5 40 01-04-2011 06:55 AM
Pentax Tethering for K-x (so far!) bhairavp Pentax News and Rumors 3 12-02-2010 02:06 PM
k7 tethering? bigdave69 Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 15 10-28-2010 06:38 PM
Tethering a k10d to a laptop photog55 Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 02-23-2009 10:35 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top