Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #1

D-LI90 charger or Pentax DSLR rental in Bucharest?

(My apologies if this is not the best subforum for this.)

I am in Bucharest for a week near Universitate and hoping to use my K-3. I had to pack in a hurry, have AAs but failed to realize the K-3's battery grip requires a different holder for AAs.

So I am hoping to find a local Pentaxian who might offer some local advice on where to buy or borrow a D-LI90 charger or rent or borrow either a K-mount body or AA battery holder. If someone can help me charge the two batteries I have, I would be happy to offer a couple of rolls of fresh Kodak Portra 400 as a thank you.

I checked F64's web site but they show the charger and grip as Precomanda only.

Mark

03-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks! I will check them out on Monday.
03-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
You can often find universal chargers that have movable contact pins on them in cell phone kiosks/electronics stores/etc. They typically won't charge as quickly as the OEM charger, but they will work in a pinch.
Good idea. I didn't even think to look for the pinout.

03-12-2017, 12:18 AM - 2 Likes   #5

Hi there, and welcome to Bucharest.

The local Pentax Dealer might be able to sell you a charger, but they open on Monday morning. If you're relying on Google Maps, be aware it's mistakenly places much further down the street than it actually is. See the attachment for what you're actually looking for.
Contact Focus94: Aparate foto, camere foto

You could also try buying from here, but you wont get it until Tuesday the earliest, if you go pick it up in person.
Cautare: d li90 īn categoria Acumulatori si incarcatoare dedicate - eMAG.ro

But if you really need a quick charge today, I can help you with a battery charge. Just hit me up via PM
Attached Images

03-12-2017, 02:02 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Hmm... Focus94/photomania might not have it in stock:
Pentax K-BC90E incarcator pentru D-Li90 - Baterii si Incarcatoare - Accesorii Foto

If you can't find a solution, drop me a message.

P.S. Welcome to Bucharest!

Last edited by Kunzite; 03-12-2017 at 02:10 AM.
03-12-2017, 02:36 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by markkazdad Quote
D-LI90 charger or Pentax DSLR rental in Bucharest?
QuoteOriginally posted by ender.wiggin Quote
But if you really need a quick charge today, I can help you with a battery charge. Just hit me up via PM
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
If you can't find a solution, drop me a message.
Just shows what a fantastic place this forum is, two members helping out another.

03-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Just shows what a fantastic place this forum is, two members helping out another.
The steady rain on Monday kept me indoors but I hope to have a shot at locating PhotoMania Tuesday. Probably shooting film along the way to save my battery.

Are there any 1-hour (or even next day) 35mm processors left? My last visit I found a shop along the Dāmbovița River close to Unirii, but they only processed once per week (Attempted drop off on Saturday afternoon would not have results ready until Wednesday, but I had to leave Monday. Helpful fellow, though.)