Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #1

Pentax shop in Chicagoland?

Anyone from the Chicago area? I'm looking for a store that carries a decent selection of Pentax lens (Sigma and Tamron also in pentax mount) Comming from a Canon, everyone had canon lenses, but I understand if it's a bit harder to find Pentax, just looking for a nice shop with decent selections so I can try before I buy.

Thanks!

02-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
First guy who comes to mind is Flaco. You might want to PM him. I think there is also PLMuzicmaster too.
02-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Starfire Quote
Anyone from the Chicago area? I'm looking for a store that carries a decent selection of Pentax lens (Sigma and Tamron also in pentax mount) Comming from a Canon, everyone had canon lenses, but I understand if it's a bit harder to find Pentax, just looking for a nice shop with decent selections so I can try before I buy.

Thanks!
I know Calumet on Cherry Street just south of Division carries Pentax and should have the aux lenses from Sigma & Tamron. I asked about them for my K10D and they didn't say NO. Helix on Racine just north of the Ike should have them too plus they used to have a great selection of used glass.

Neither store discounts but...

Michael (Oak Park)
02-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #4

Have you tried wolf/Ritz? I bought my k100d from the Wolf Camera in Niles. I didn't ask about lenses though.

If you do find a place please let us know.

02-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

wolf/ritz all have pentax cameras and a few lenses.....
or you could check the pentax website...
Pentax Imaging - Find a Store
02-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
First guy who comes to mind is Flaco. You might want to PM him. I think there is also PLMuzicmaster too.
What? I guess I need to post more.
02-21-2007, 10:55 AM   #7

I've been getting most of my used lenses on ebay. All the recent purchases I've made on lenses have been on older manual lenses. So far I've picked up a M28mm 2.8, M50mm 1.7, M135mm 2.8 that came with 2x conveter, and just recently picked up a 28-70mm 3.5-4.5 And also I also search keh.com(used lens), and sigma4less.com. Sigma4less also sells Tamron lenses. As far as in the area, most of the stores have already been mentioned. Calumet, Wolf, Ritz, Helix.

If you go on the Pentax website, there's a store finder function on there. I myself got my camera at Wolf camera in Highland Park/Northbrook. And I'm not sure how many of these stores in our areas carry pentax lenses. since pentax is not as "popular" as the other brands.

Where exactly are you located? In the burbs, or in the city? If I don't meet my girlfriend for lunch, I'm thinking about going to Wolf, Helix, and Ritz to see what they have in stock. They're all near each other where I work. I can let ya know what I find out.

Last edited by Flaco; 02-21-2007 at 11:04 AM.
02-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #8
Forum Member

I checked with a friend of mine out in your area, he said he likes Shutan Camera in Highland Park? Please note, I've never been there personally, so I can't give you a firsthand opinion...