Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2017, 03:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
...I'd imagine in to not too distant future people will just arrive at airports naked, and be anesthetized before boarding the plane...
Naked walking pass checking point at many airport is already happening, but they are not as extreme as physically removing people cloth. There are machine doing full body scan and many of them can be fine-tune to show whatever details authority want to see. their were news in Japan sometime ago about this subject. Because of nudity concern, so in Japan they have machine changes from showing realistic human's outline to something similar to cartoon / stick man shape. I am pretty sure airport in most places around the world are using a similar system right now.
so keep that in mind and smile every time you walk pass those full body scanner at the airport because you know you are walking naked!!!

Last edited by pakinjapan; 03-23-2017 at 03:18 AM.
03-23-2017, 04:10 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I couldn't care less about being seen naked by a scanner operator.
03-23-2017, 04:35 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
and be anesthetized before boarding the plane.
Imagine how much airlines can save placing the passengers like a cargo. No food, drink, and snacks. And no crying babies...
03-23-2017, 06:43 AM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Imagine how much airlines can save placing the passengers like a cargo. No food, drink, and snacks. And no crying babies...
I read something a few years ago about Ryan Air in Europe submitted a request to have standing room on the airplane. Instead of sitting you would be slung/strapped in standing. I believed they were turned down.

03-23-2017, 07:10 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dericali Quote
The US version of the ban, perhaps. But the UK version of the ban (more rationally) affects all airlines, including UK ones.
The UK version has the same effect, though.

Instead of taking a route through a hub like Abu Dhabi with a middle-eastern airline,
you decide to go through Heathrow or Schiphol on a western carrier.

---------- Post added 03-23-17 at 09:13 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Once again I'm glad I use film cameras.
I finally switched to digital after being forced to have my film X-rayed at CDG.
03-23-2017, 03:42 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sas8888 Quote
I read something a few years ago about Ryan Air in Europe submitted a request to have standing room on the airplane. Instead of sitting you would be slung/strapped in standing. I believed they were turned down.
Watching people in the standing section would be entertaining during takeoffs and landings. The laws of physics can be a harsh mistress.
03-23-2017, 04:26 PM   #22

Once again I'm glad I use film cameras...

Chris
Film or digital, won't matter, it is the container to hold explosives they are worried about.

03-23-2017, 06:22 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SpeedWagon Quote
Film or digital, won't matter, it is the container to hold explosives they are worried about.
Reading "between the lines" of the reports I've seen, their concern is the possibility of packing explosives into large batteries.
03-23-2017, 07:11 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Once again I'm glad I use film cameras...

Chris
You'll probably have to pop the back to prove it, so finish your roll first.
03-23-2017, 07:13 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sas8888 Quote
I think Spirit got it. They could not jam any more people in sitting down.