Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 161 Likes Search this Thread
03-25-2017, 05:57 AM   #76
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
Ok biz-engineer you can come out now from where you've been hiding. Did it go to plan ?

03-25-2017, 06:05 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Originally posted by 77me
It is just a matter of time before my iPhone out performs my K1, or any other camera, in every scenario.

For ergonomics alone, the iPhone is quite inferior. Though maybe I just need to practice with it more.
I love composing images on the 5.5" display of my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. It's ~600DPI and you just fall into the image. Looking at a camera's screen is comparatively primitive.
03-25-2017, 06:24 AM   #78
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
I assure you his brand of crayons isn't as good as my one, especially the red and the yellow one. The tracking sensation of my brand of paper is also superior. Also my brand has a much larger variety of paper available, sometimes with multiple choices for one type!
I totally agree! Your brand has better microcontrast and bokeh. And because the wax is from bees, the pictures are more organic!

BTW, did you get the optional grip for your crayons?
03-25-2017, 11:13 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
I totally agree! Your brand has better microcontrast and bokeh. And because the wax is from bees, the pictures are more organic!

BTW, did you get the optional grip for your crayons?
I got the grip of course! It only fits one more crayon in there, and a tiny sharpener. Also wanted to mention that my brand is totally weather sealed and you can draw in any weather conditions)

03-25-2017, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #80
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
I got the grip of course! It only fits one more crayon in there, and a tiny sharpener. Also wanted to mention that my brand is totally weather sealed and you can draw in any weather conditions)
For anyone moving to the crayon system, I'll shortly be releasing a new range of accessories under the "WaxMax" brand name.

The first product converts your favourite tripod to a high quality, ultra-stable easel....

Regarding the sharpener, be careful not to over-sharpen - otherwise, you'll get ugly wax artefacts crumbling onto your media.
03-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
For anyone moving to the crayon system, I'll shortly be releasing a new range of accessories under the "WaxMax" brand name.
Hmmm... Tempting, but I think I'll wait for the new CaniKrayon line. Their green is supposed to be greener.
03-25-2017, 12:52 PM - 3 Likes   #82
Veteran Member

Biz-engineer, the answer here is real simple. You have the gear and like what you have. You obviously have enjoyed both Pentax gear and this Pentax Forum. Generally its time to move on in a hobby when you don't like it. ....not when you do!

All Dslr mfgs are going thru their problems in a really challenging market. If you switch, you are leaving the devil you know for the one you don't.

I would not worry about resale value if something happens.. just get out there and wear that stuff out to get your money's worth.

Also.... though I do enjoy reading the more negative threads and doom and gloom stuff here... I really just enjoy sharing my pics and enjoying other peoples more... when the doom and gloom posts get you...switch over to the threads where members are posting pics.

Hth,
Al

03-25-2017, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #83

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Hmmm... Tempting, but I think I'll wait for the new CaniKrayon line. Their green is supposed to be greener.
With an iPad Pro and iPencil you get both a crayon like system and a camera system. Plus you can use the camera system to take a shot and immediately use the crayon like system to make improvements. Will the WaxMax tripod adapter also have an iPad case with arca-swiss quick release compatible plate?
03-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #84
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
I would not worry about resale value if something happens.. just get out there and wear that stuff out to get your money's worth.
I think this is my favourite comment in all of the responses so far. Spot on
03-25-2017, 01:34 PM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I think this is my favourite comment in all of the responses so far. Spot on
+1. I agree.
03-25-2017, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #86
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 77me Quote
Will the WaxMax tripod adapter also have an iPad case with arca-swiss quick release compatible plate?
That's not part of the initial product offering, but I'll definitely consider it going forward...

To begin with, the tripod / easel adapter will comprise two separate products (all products will carry the "w" prefix to denote wax crayon compatibility). The "wEASEL" is, itself, a proprietary plate coupled to an angle-adjustable frame, rather like the top of a large music stand but much sturdier. The second product is a custom tripod head to anchor the wEASEL to the tripod. Initially, this was to be called the "wEASEL wAN...." (full product name implied rather than stated), but after having several hundred produced, I suddenly realised the name might cause offense. I'm having new name-plates made up right now to stick on over the original engraving...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 03-25-2017 at 01:57 PM.
03-25-2017, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just bought a Pentax AP (1957) and shot a roll of Portra this week. It will still work if Ricoh shutters Pentax; somebody will make film for it; and Eric has an intern .
03-25-2017, 02:39 PM - 2 Likes   #88
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Tempted to switch to Canikon as risk mitigation
Why not just run multiple systems?

Many here do... and then you can "have your cake and eat it".
03-25-2017, 03:55 PM   #89

"Predictions are hard, especially about the future."
03-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
So, should I sell my Pentax gear and buy a Canon or Nikon system in case Ricoh image would announce that they stop doing DSLR all together?
Are you getting in a bit early with an April 1st post?