Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 115 Likes Search this Thread
04-10-2017, 09:36 AM - 4 Likes   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Dan, there's something you need to understand. To prove someone's AF.c is better or worse than someone else's AF.c you need comparative shots. We can all search the web all day finding images with great AF.c shots from any system. There are some posted in this thread. What we need is a couple of guys shooting side by side with the ability to see who gets what. I actually provided that back up the thread.

Part of what I'm saying here, is I find very little cause to use AF,c and tracking. There are other technical issues wit me posting what Dan posted the biggest being I'm not there. ANd as I pointed out, I don't keep images of that quality.

Maybe all of you should put your little heads together and find a Nikon or Canon image that's similar and better than my Grey Jay from earlier in the thread. IN that situation they won't be able to , they weren't there, and they may live in a part of the world that doesn't have Grey Jays. That doesn't mean Pentax has better AF tracking. It means I had an opportunity to take the image and my camera was up to the tacks.

Yu guys are absolutely, and I mean absolutely insane posting these images you've mined the web for, thinking they prove something. They prove exactly what my image proved. They were there in that situation and their camera was up to it. You guys are totally two faced in insisting that when you post an image, it proves your point but when a Pentax shooter posts an image, you have a dozen excuses why it doesn't count. When IR resources of all folks post an AF speed comparison, it doesn't count. The only thing that counts is your mindless Canon and Nikon have better AF posted over an over like a mantra.

But eat it ou. This thread has basically convinced me that you guys aren't worth talking to. I was expecting a reasonable discussion of the IR conclusions. Instead I get endless attacks and denial. With all due respect, this wasn't worth it. My findings no matter what they are not accepted even when back up by credible camera testers. I talk about the real world as I experience, you talk some fantasy non-sense that goes around and round in your heads. Given the amount of time I spend out shooting with the amount of time you guys spend out shooting, I've come to realize you have nothing worthwhile to say to me, and, I have some photo ops out there right now that may not come again until next year. I hate to abandon my own thread, but I'm done with this, GO ahead hot shots, declare yourselves the winners of some imaginary contest. All I was trying to do was explain what i see out in the field. I am totally fed up with armchair exerts with crazy photo resume's.

04-10-2017, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #122
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
In before the probable mod lock!

Also, I have noticed that when a person says, "Here are tests and real world shots showing why this is not as bad as you think and in fact is pretty good" there are always those who love to hate. I wonder why they are even here and why they even bother to touch any Pentax gear.
04-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #123
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

This thread is way out of hand.

Please, folks - even when we disagree with each other, let's remain courteous and friendly (that doesn't mean just sticking a smiley on the end of invective). Reading some of the exchanges here is really dis-heartening

Thread closed.
Closed Thread