Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2017, 02:44 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
just saying that distracted driving can be very very dangerous
Totally agree - that is why highway authorities throughout the world cut down any tree or bush within fifty feet of the road. This ensures that all the brightly-coloured, moving, rotating, flashing advertisements, for which the local authorities get paid, are clearly visible (though obviously only to the passengers).

Not being a driver, when I am on the bus or the train, my backpack rests on my thighs (which are meaty enough to absorb minor vibrations to my equipment), supported by the back of the seat in front.

04-13-2017, 02:58 AM   #32
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Totally agree - that is why highway authorities throughout the world cut down any tree or bush within fifty feet of the road. This ensures that all the brightly-coloured, moving, rotating, flashing advertisements, for which the local authorities get paid, are clearly visible (though obviously only to the passengers).

Not being a driver, when I am on the bus or the train, my backpack rests on my thighs (which are meaty enough to absorb minor vibrations to my equipment), supported by the back of the seat in front.

Touché

but you forgot to mention all of the built in distractions of modern vehicles ranging from adjusting the radio to the screen to "assist" us plus the most dangerous object of them all - the cell phone

Seriously folks, forget the phone unless you have true hand free access and don't even get me started on texting while driving.

no message audio or text is worth your life or the life of another.
04-13-2017, 03:08 AM - 2 Likes   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I wish you hadn't asked as this is a great source of ridicule in my family. I always put the camera in the passenger seat and strap it in with the regular safety belt, making sure the belt sits in the recess below the prism housing. My kids resent having to take a back seat because of my "most-favoured child" claiming the front...
04-14-2017, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

She has a point and shoot and binoculars and don't do the off road thing as she wants to look as well, but I will pass the message, thx

Why don't make her hold the wheel, so you can fully concentrate on the shooting?

04-14-2017, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
My kids resent having to take a back seat because of my "most-favoured child" claiming the front...
I suppose if you got a two-seater you would have to strap them to the roof....
04-14-2017, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #36

Original Poster
I have found that by resting the lens on top of the steering wheel and watching the road on the LCD in live view; I can "kill two birds with one stone" so to speak....I can drive and photograph at the same time. Very efficient!
04-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Yeah, yourself and the one you run over because of the slow update on the LCD screen. Use the OVF, stupid!

04-14-2017, 11:23 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
don't even get me started on texting while driving.
Texting while riding on a motorbike is a death wish, but i'm sure...someone, somewhere has done it and tasted the consequences.
07-19-2017, 02:35 AM   #39

Actually - this is OT, but - are there any binoculars with built-in camera (besides NSA/DEA profs)?

----
QuoteOriginally posted by Basie Quote
She has a point and shoot and binoculars and don't do the off road thing as she wants to look as well