Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New K20D and file name starts at 4XXX?

I just got a new K20D and the first shot on a freshly formatted card reports the image name of 4 thousand something. Is this correct??

08-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
nah

Original Poster
Ok, nevermind I think I figured it out. I called the place and they're reporting that all their other ones are reporting 4000 something. I think whoever the tech that was doing the initial setup for the cams used a card with 4000 some odd shots. I was panicking for no reason. Can someone delete this thread?
08-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nah Quote
Ok, nevermind I think I figured it out. I called the place and they're reporting that all their other ones are reporting 4000 something. I think whoever the tech that was doing the initial setup for the cams used a card with 4000 some odd shots. I was panicking for no reason. Can someone delete this thread?
Shutter Count : 1990

Get photome or exiftool, install it and run it onn one of your images.
The above is from an image imgp1701.jpg, the actual shutter count is higher than the file number, the difference should be the amount of images the camera has taken during setup.
If yours is indeed a filenaming issue, then your Shutter count should be far less than the filename indicates.
Just for that last bit of peace of mind.
08-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

No need to delete the thread -- it's good info.

When I first got my K20D I immediately put in the SD card I had in my Casio P&S, which had photos numbering in the 4000+ range also.

For some reason, the K20D picked up the numbering where the Casio left off, even though the pictures were in a different folder with different filenames (IMGP* vs. CIMG*).

I thought it was interesting, and it bothered me for a minute, then moved on.