Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #31

Original Poster
I think I've got this thing figured out and I couldn't be happier with it.

02-20-2007, 05:45 PM   #32

Original Poster
I'm getting lots of detail, even on the horizon. This is a full res crop with natural, sharpening=-1. It's not perfectly crisp but I'm sure it could be livened up with some sharpening.

02-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #33
Veteran Member

this has to do with contrast i think.. but in poor to low light u will not get the same "sharp" looking results as u will in good light or flash..

your last two mages apart from being slighly under exposed are okay for sharpness..

the first one is difficult.. its pushing the cameras dynamic range.. the second would look better exposed a little higher..

but detail and sharpness wise they are okay..

trog
02-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wait...why would you go sharpness -1? Isn't the Pentax jpgs kinda soft already to begin with?

Try shooting when the sun is up. Damn hows the weather in Saskatchewan? Looks pretty cold. We got snowed over too here in Toronto but probably not as bad eh?