Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #31

Get a jupiter-9 russian portrait lens based on zeiss

Take some pictures of your wife with the lens wide open.
She will look ten years younger. Alternately, if you have children under 30 take pictures of them stoped down. J-9 will be tack sharp.

If you want to seal your fate take pictures of our wife with the lens stopped down.

08-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My wife gave me my K100D for my birthday two years ago, I upgraded to the K10D, telling her it was my brother's, "on loan" to me since he was still learning photography. I got the 50-135, I told her I traded it for two of my lenses (the kit lens and the 50-200 - which when I got, told her it was my dad's). When I got the 16-50, I told her I traded one of my teles which I don't use, for it (a tele which is non-existent btw.) Primes are easy to explain since I can tell her it belonged to my dad... I also have an A 70-200/4 from eekbay, told her I bought it to "sell" which I never did... the bellows, I told her I got for dirt cheap. My 540 flash, she never did realize it was a different flash compared to the Nikon sb-28 I was using before, which I told her I got for dirt cheap as well (the Nikon, which really was!)

Now she has 6 bags, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of earrings and a diamond ring since the K10D purchase...

Gawd, if she reads this, I am soooo dead...
08-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
My wife gave me my K100D for my birthday two years ago, I upgraded to the K10D, telling her it was my brother's, "on loan" to me since he was still learning photography. I got the 50-135, I told her I traded it for two of my lenses (the kit lens and the 50-200 - which when I got, told her it was my dad's). When I got the 16-50, I told her I traded one of my teles which I don't use, for it (a tele which is non-existent btw.) Primes are easy to explain since I can tell her it belonged to my dad... I also have an A 70-200/4 from eekbay, told her I bought it to "sell" which I never did... the bellows, I told her I got for dirt cheap. My 540 flash, she never did realize it was a different flash compared to the Nikon sb-28 I was using before, which I told her I got for dirt cheap as well (the Nikon, which really was!)

Now she has 6 bags, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of earrings and a diamond ring since the K10D purchase...

Gawd, if she reads this, I am soooo dead...

"The Truth Shall Set You Free."
08-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #34
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by cygnet Quote
That's it. Make up a fake Canadian rebate in photoshop, for like $300.00 off, and say you couldn't pass up the deal. Tell her that once you sell the K10D you'll be almost even. Use a form something like the one below, and fill it out and tell her you sent it in. Then hope she forgets all about the rebate in a couple months. If she doesn't, and brings it up, show her the other posts on this forum about how long those darn rebates take. I always have forgotten about my rebates by the time I finally receive the check, hopefully she'll forget all about it eventually too. However, if she's got a good memory.....
nice rebate form but if she's anything like my wife, then when the $300 "comes in" she's getting that to go shoe shopping. So now you have to fake a cheque for that and the camera costs more.

Just grovel and beg forgiveness for pissing her off yet again, take her shoe shopping and buy flowers. You won't get off easily but the flogging won't be as bad

BTW Mike R. The Sigma 70-200 and the Bigma do look similar enough to the untrained eye. Closed up they are almost the same length and my wife couldn't tell the difference. I just never, ever extended it anywhere near her. Now that it's sold, she doesn't know. It's that silver FA*300 she spotted on my desk that caused some discussion and found me out. "Where did that come from" "I sold another lens to get it, almost an even trade" "what other lens, nothing seems missing" "well err, ah..." "Where would you like to go shopping dear" Let the flogging begin....

08-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #35
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
nice rebate form but if she's anything like my wife, then when the $300 "comes in" she's getting that to go shoe shopping. So now you have to fake a cheque for that and the camera costs more.

Just grovel and beg forgiveness for pissing her off yet again, take her shoe shopping and buy flowers. You won't get off easily but the flogging won't be as bad

BTW Mike R. The Sigma 70-200 and the Bigma do look similar enough to the untrained eye. Closed up they are almost the same length and my wife couldn't tell the difference. I just never, ever extended it anywhere near her. Now that it's sold, she doesn't know. It's that silver FA*300 she spotted on my desk that caused some discussion and found me out. "Where did that come from" "I sold another lens to get it, almost an even trade" "what other lens, nothing seems missing" "well err, ah..." "Where would you like to go shopping dear" Let the flogging begin....
It's like that country song If you go fishing one more time.... I'm going to miss her, wait I've got another bite on the line"
08-15-2008, 12:04 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by G_Money Quote
Just wanted to say thanks for all the great dialogue here. I may not be able to get on here shortly because my wife will probably kill me or at least break my fingers when she finds out I just bought that new K20D. You only go around once, you may as well go around broke.
A while back when I was married to the mother of my two beautiful daughters and while visiting Toronto, I purchased a 40th Anniversary Fire Engine Red Fender Stratocaster and a Norman Acoustic guitar. When I got back to France, my ex-wife said, "It is either me or the "Strat"...you can't have both." To my regret, I sold the Strat. The moral of the story is.."We still got divorced!" I could have kept the Strat. It is worth a small fortune today. Come to think of it, I could have kept the Strat and sold it today. It would have covered the cost of "Pain and Suffering".

Ben
08-15-2008, 05:08 AM   #37
Inactive Account

Salty, there is a menu option that allows a K20D to disguise itself as a K10D - it's called "Turn off liveview". Very handy when you wife has an opinion about your camera upgrades :-)
08-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #38
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Live and learn Ben, Live and learn. Sounds like the story of my 6x7 system (1st wife)

08-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #39
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Got bad news for ya. The Bigma will NOT pass for a 70-200... It ain't called the Bigma for nothin'! LOL Just make sure it is on the camera when you tell her about it. A K10D, battery grip and Bigma provides ample shielding for multiple sensitive bodily parts.
I just looked up that 50-500mm monster... My god... I thought my Sigma 24-135mm was big and bulky with it's 77mm filter...