Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's been real nice knowing you guys...

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great dialogue here. I may not be able to get on here shortly because my wife will probably kill me or at least break my fingers when she finds out I just bought that new K20D. You only go around once, you may as well go around broke.

Last edited by G_Money; 08-12-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Sloppy spelling
08-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Too bad there isn't a "disguise kit" so that you can get the K20D to masquerade as a K10D.

NaCl("new camera?" no Sweetie, that's just the old K10D! I just cleaned it up a bit. See the sticker?")H2O

ps BTW congrats on your new K20D!
08-12-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Salty. I'm expecting delivery late in the week. All the camouflage in the world won't hide a camera on the credit card statement, though. Look for the K10D to be appearing soon in the Marketplace.
08-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on the new camera. My hats off to you - I don't want to think what would happen if I popped for a new K20 without having my wifes blessing.

08-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by squarerigger Quote
Congrats on the new camera. My hats off to you - I don't want to think what would happen if I popped for a new K20 without having my wifes blessing.
Heck I bought a new truck that she didn't know about until she saw it in the driveway.

Seperate banking is a blessing!
08-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Excellent strategy, Tom! I should have bought the camera to take some pics of the new car in the driveway. Then when I returned the car, she'd feel like I was trying to keep her happy! lmao
08-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by G_Money Quote
I may not be able to get on here shortly because my wife will probably kill me or at least break my fingers when she finds out I just bought that new K20D.
Horsefeathers!!!

Five years ago I bought a 1959 restored Cushman Eagle without asking. Considerably more than a K20D

WHY, you ask?

Because she might have said NO!!!!!!!!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
08-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Put on your salesmen hat and point out how much money you have saved by buying it now. MSRP is much greater then what you paid for it. After you sell the K10D, the upgrade will have cost very little. Maybe there is even a rebate available to offset the cost.

Dave
08-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #9
Veteran Member

learn to type with your toes Salty that is a great idea, I am looking to buy the Bigma and if I just tell her it is the same 70-200 I have it may work but alas the bill will come eventually .
08-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #10
Pentaxian

My goodness, there is SO MUCH so much devious irresponsible behavior going on in here that I hardly know how to respond.

I'll have to take some notes!
08-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #11

wlank....darn, now you have me drooling! When I was younger, I would have traded my Whizzer and my dad's basket-case Salsbury for one of those in good shape!
08-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
learn to type with your toes Salty that is a great idea, I am looking to buy the Bigma and if I just tell her it is the same 70-200 I have it may work but alas the bill will come eventually .
Got bad news for ya. The Bigma will NOT pass for a 70-200... It ain't called the Bigma for nothin'! LOL Just make sure it is on the camera when you tell her about it. A K10D, battery grip and Bigma provides ample shielding for multiple sensitive bodily parts.
08-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Just tell her you got it so you could record how beautiful she will look with those new diamond earrings at Christmas. Then shortly before Christmas "accidentally" strike your head on something and suffer from amnesia until after New Years. Of course you do run the risk of her selling the K20 and buying her own earrings.

The other alternative is buy the diamond earrings now with what you get for the K10.

CW
08-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Well...

QuoteOriginally posted by G_Money Quote
Just wanted to say thanks for all the great dialogue here. I may not be able to get on here shortly because my wife will probably kill me or at least break my fingers when she finds out I just bought that new K20D. You only go around once, you may as well go around broke.
Couldnt you tell her you bought it for her? But obviously it would be easier for her to get used to the k10 first, whilst you figure out how to use the k20...or would they both get gently placed where the sun dont shine??
08-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Big Dave Quote
Maybe there is even a rebate available to offset the cost.

Dave
Rebate??? What is this rebate of which you speak? I live in Canada. We don' get no steenkin' rebates!!!!