Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Where to find out details

I found the company that supplies Pentax parts in the U.S. quite helpful plus I was surprised at how inexpensive the parts direct from the supplier. I never repaired my K100D for I am not that sure of myself with fine tools and secondly I don't have any place in which to establish a work bench. My K100D has a completely broken LCD but the camera still operates fine and takes good pictures in good light with an AF lens. I have bought 2 bodies since that happened a year and more back so I should get rid of that K100D like maybe give it away. Good Luck Dave,
Alan W.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dave L Quote
Glad to have discovered this thread, as my old K100DS has somehow acquired a badly cracked and now non-working main LCD at the rear. Everything else works fine.

I also have an even older non-working ist DL2 tucked away somewhere, on which the power failed (so even fully charged batteries wouldn't show any charge on the meter).

Does anyone know if they use the same rear LCD with the same connectors, power requirements etc? Or how I could find out? Because if so, I'd like to try swapping it into my K100D super. I won't risk it unless I can find out if it's the same, for obvious reasons, but it does seem to have the same size and resolution, so there may be some hope. Many thanks for any clues anyone can give.

08-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #32

Well, if you want to give away the k100, I could use it.. I have one that won't turn on (battery sensor, won't see full power) and won't fire with a power supply. It turns on, but when I press the shutter release, I only get a '3' displayed on the lcd, and no other action.

Oh, and what company is that supplies the Pentax parts? I could use a new ccd sensor for my *st DS....

Last edited by GaryV; 08-05-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: added sentence
08-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yeah, I could send it to you. Why don't you PM me and we can discuss the details. I am extremely busy right now but should be able to send it soon. It will come with all the stuff tha came with it in terms of books etc. Do you have a AA battery charger for NiMH batteries?? Pm me, later.