Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2017, 02:21 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Just because you renamed the program doesn't necessarily give you rights to it. You should look at copyright information for the ks2 version to see what it grants to people wishing to carry it on. Some of the GIT stuff needs to be forked to another version on github. Check for sure about ownership. The previous programmer was very possessive when I communicated with him.

We don't need lawyers to get involved.

Bugs: after shooting a couple shots, I went to the photos tab and downloaded the files. Upon returning to the shot tab, the icons and other parts of the screen did refresh but left holes in the background. I had to reconnect to get the screen correct.

Requests: make it able to turn Pixel Shift on and off from the pc. Pentax Image Sync web page dialog to me is easier to use. Others will make noise about that.

RONC

---------- Post added 05-24-2017 at 05:39 PM ----------

The program only works for single shots like image sync. I had bracketing on and it wouldn't fire until I changed it. Needs a warning popup.
RONC
Wait... the software is totally free and reworked, I left only graphics because I think is a waste of time to change graphics and I don't want to hide that I started from there .. the words about "only" rename are a joke but mean that now isn't compatible only with k-s2. Also we are speaking of a code abandoned 2 years ago. In the end I want only to do an useful tool to the pentaxians.

You are correct, as Image Sync, there are these limitations:
With the following settings, shooting from the communication device is not possible (playback is possible).
- When Drive Mode is set to other than one frame
- When ASTROTRACER function is set
- HWhen HDMI cable is connected

Regarding "the icons and other parts of the screen did refresh but left holes in the background" can you provide a screen shot and your Windows version?

"Pentax Image Sync web page dialog to me is easier to use".... what web page?

Best Regards

05-25-2017, 02:45 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Wait... the software is totally free and reworked, I left only graphics because I think is a waste of time to change graphics and I don't want to hide that I started from there .. the words about "only" rename are a joke but mean that now isn't compatible only with k-s2. Also we are speaking of a code abandoned 2 years ago. In the end I want only to do an useful tool to the pentaxians.
That's fine. As the original software was GPL, yours is now, too. So everyone on the world can change and distribute its changes. Putting a password on the zip file is at least nonsense therefore.

QuoteQuote:
created by Claus Zielke (info@cszielke.de) and released under GPL in 2015/06.
You do need to always publish the other licenses used, though:

05-25-2017, 03:07 AM   #18
Pentaxian

sounds interesting
05-25-2017, 05:41 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You are correct, as Image Sync, there are these limitations:
With the following settings, shooting from the communication device is not possible (playback is possible).
- When Drive Mode is set to other than one frame
- When ASTROTRACER function is set
- HWhen HDMI cable is connected

Regarding "the icons and other parts of the screen did refresh but left holes in the background" can you provide a screen shot and your Windows version?

"Pentax Image Sync web page dialog to me is easier to use".... what web page?

Best Regards
Andrea,

Both Image Sync and FluCard use html, js, and css for their interfaces. Very simple usage.

Pixel Shift works with Image Sync but one must turn it on and off on the camera. I'd like to turn it on or off in this app.

Hopefully the guys have given you what is needed for copyright stuff. I didn't want you broadsided by something you were not aware off. Sorry for my tone but that's me and you know I support this effort.

Missing icons can't be tested as the App now only opens to the icon in the task bar so I can't fully run it. Wifi is connected as seen by wifi info in task area. Win 10 Home with latest updates from MS. I've rebooted Win 10 but problem the same. Running as admin. Any suggestions??? Anybody??
It started fine yesterday.

RONC

05-26-2017, 01:03 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Andrea,

Both Image Sync and FluCard use html, js, and css for their interfaces. Very simple usage.

Pixel Shift works with Image Sync but one must turn it on and off on the camera. I'd like to turn it on or off in this app.

Hopefully the guys have given you what is needed for copyright stuff. I didn't want you broadsided by something you were not aware off. Sorry for my tone but that's me and you know I support this effort.

Missing icons can't be tested as the App now only opens to the icon in the task bar so I can't fully run it. Wifi is connected as seen by wifi info in task area. Win 10 Home with latest updates from MS. I've rebooted Win 10 but problem the same. Running as admin. Any suggestions??? Anybody??
It started fine yesterday.

RONC
MP sent
06-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MP sent
Andrea,

My list of requests follows.

MUST FIX:
Icons still don't refresh coming back from photos tab
Seems that there is a time limit for focusing and will not take photo. Dark area or slow lens.
Location of focus should be marked on preview.
Wifi channel needs to be user changeable.
Warnings for battery low. Gong and red light. Same for SD cards.
Run using 645.
Documentation of installation and use. Seems to require administrative action to run. Doesn't open on camera wifi connection as you suggested it should.

REALLY WOULD BE USEFUL:
Make tabs larger.
Add ability to turn on Pixel Shift and other options. They work in Image Sync but have to be turned on. I couldn't turn on Pixel Shift on camera as Menu and Info were not usable in PWR. Shot in Pixel Shift mode. Should investigate delay in being able to record as is much longer than stand alone shooting. I downloaded one 200 mb PS file so no one needs to waste their time on that test. Too long for practical use.

DREAM:
Show whatever is on optical viewer or Live View screen in preview.
Be able to set most camera parameters via PWR.
Dark gray theme would be helpful in sunlight.

For items on list you will not work on please at least comment whether they are doable.

Thanks for help so far. Hopefully others will join the testing.

RONC
06-04-2017, 09:12 PM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
That's fine. As the original software was GPL, yours is now, too. So everyone on the world can change and distribute its changes.
Yes, the source must be open and "free" for use and possible repurposing by others. In addition, the source must be available for download. My suggestion would be to set this up as a proper project at somewhere like GitHub with robust version control, easy exposure of source, and provision for community contribution. A wiki would do for issue reporting and discussion.

Steve
06-06-2017, 03:59 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone testing?

Is there anyone else testing this app? It works with a few issues that Andrea is looking into.
RONC

07-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supportaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I just found this thread and am excited to see it. I am also a software dev (and K-1 owner) and quite interested in testing and possibly contributing.

Although I'm pretty booked up for the next 10 days, I'll definitely be checking this out as soon as I can.
07-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any hope for a Mac version? Just thought I would ask
07-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jbondo Quote
I just found this thread and am excited to see it. I am also a software dev (and K-1 owner) and quite interested in testing and possibly contributing.

Although I'm pretty booked up for the next 10 days, I'll definitely be checking this out as soon as I can.
I've not had a response to PM sent to him over a month ago. I think he didn't understand open source and we mentioned that the original code was open source and he had to follow those rules.

Don't hold your breath waiting.

You can take the code from GITHUB and bring it to fruition for both pc and Mac.

RONC
07-07-2017, 02:22 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supportaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I've not had a response to PM sent to him over a month ago.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out as soon as time allows.
08-02-2017, 04:33 AM - 3 Likes   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi,

I now uploaded a new version (0.6.5) with these release notes:

1- fixed the main tab buttons graphical problems
2- fixed some connection problems
3- fixed the "Images Save As..." button behavior
4- full support to AUTO mode
5- improved performances on folders navigation and thumbnails creation
6- LiveView zoom
7- red labels if: low battery, hot status, <100 pictures, sd card slot empty
8- general bugfixes

Please, don't use RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR setting. If you notice any kind of problems related to the permissions, please report to me.
Also, mind that what Pentax Wifi Remote can do is what camera internal webservices can do.

Best Regards,

Andrea
08-02-2017, 07:20 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Andrea,
Much improvement in v0.65.
Going from cam to photos works well and much faster. Download seems good but don't know when complete. When can I go back to cam? Going back to camera, top row of buttons is now good but left side panel does not refresh until I turn Liveview off then on. A freshly charged battery shows as EMPTY in red, LV off-on resets.
Liveview zoom is really useful but keeps resetting to 1x.
Will play more tomorrow.
Saluti,
RONC

Last edited by rechmbrs; 08-02-2017 at 08:51 PM.
08-03-2017, 02:56 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Andrea,
Much improvement in v0.65.
Going from cam to photos works well and much faster. Download seems good but don't know when complete. When can I go back to cam? Going back to camera, top row of buttons is now good but left side panel does not refresh until I turn Liveview off then on. A freshly charged battery shows as EMPTY in red, LV off-on resets.
Liveview zoom is really useful but keeps resetting to 1x.
Will play more tomorrow.
Saluti,
RONC
Hi,

0.6.7v ready to download. I want to remember all the instructions:
- http://www.wirelessmayday.info/download/pentax_wifi_remote_beta.zip
- zip password is safox.X

More info in the first post of this thread. Test it without "Run as Administrator" setting, please.

1- Download: you can check the status bar bottom left label. The software is multithread then you can use it during download. Status bar bottom right progress bars are, at the moment, not implemented.
2- Left side panel refresh: fixed
3- Battery indicator: fixed
4- LV Resolution added!!!!
5- LV Zoom resets to 1x when you disable LV or change LV resolution , this is by design and I can't modify the behavior.
6- Personal favor : please, click on the link in my signature and report to me in what language you see the website. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Andrea