Show Printable Version 51 Likes Search this Thread
08-03-2017, 08:44 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Hi,

0.6.7v ready to download. I want to remember all the instructions:
- http://www.wirelessmayday.info/download/pentax_wifi_remote_beta.zip
- zip password is safox.X

More info in the first post of this thread. Test it without "Run as Administrator" setting, please.

1- Download: you can check the status bar bottom left label. The software is multithread then you can use it during download. Status bar bottom right progress bars are, at the moment, not implemented.
2- Left side panel refresh: fixed
3- Battery indicator: fixed
4- LV Resolution added!!!!
5- LV Zoom resets to 1x when you disable LV or change LV resolution , this is by design and I can't modify the behavior.
6- Personal favor : please, click on the link in my signature and report to me in what language you see the website. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Andrea
COMUNICA LA TUA POSIZIONE Somewhere in New York?

Testing this afternoon my time. Looks like we are making really good progress.

RONC

08-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The website is in Italian. During tests I have found out following problems:

focus indicator does not work
when switching from photo gallery to LV, folder tree remains on the screen
can't pan LV when zoomed in
the application hangs when I try to take pictures.

All tests on Windows 10 and K-1 with firmware 1.41. Now it's time for good news - the application works, at least to some extent, so potential is definitely there. Moreover, it seems to have more functionalities than original Image Sync. I'm looking forward to new improved version!
08-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
working on KS2

Downloaded .67 and is the best Wi-Fi remote I've used with the KS2. I had to delete previous beta versions for it to work with windows 10.
Great work encourage you to continue. Wish it would work with astro tracer.
Thanks
Hank
08-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by oneeyedhawk Quote
Downloaded .67 and is the best Wi-Fi remote I've used with the KS2. I had to delete previous beta versions for it to work with windows 10.
Great work encourage you to continue. Wish it would work with astro tracer.
Thanks
Hank
I unzipped the file and copied them over the previous version and that seems to work fine. I'd had problems uninstalling it before.

Tell your Pentax friends to come and try it. We need to know which cameras it works with.

RONC

08-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #35
Veteran Member

V0. 67 was hard to break. All previous tests worked except related to Liveview. Setting zoom shows good but goes away after setting focus location. Doesn't reset value back to 1x. I'd like to see enlarged through taking shot. Had to LV again for zoom to work. Something I did with LV locked both camera and app. Had to remove battery from camera and stop app to even connect again.
Connection is more solid than ever including Image Sync. You know your wireless!
You have a list of which cameras work with it.? Have a name for app that doesn't start with Pentax? WIFI-Remote for Pentax DSLR.
Is there a user document started? We need others to help with that. Icon?

I'm trying to get the rest needed to release out of your hands. Unless you want the busy work.

What do you know about making a Mac version?

Doing great.
RONC
08-04-2017, 01:45 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentageek Quote
The website is in Italian. During tests I have found out following problems:

focus indicator does not work
when switching from photo gallery to LV, folder tree remains on the screen
can't pan LV when zoomed in
the application hangs when I try to take pictures.

All tests on Windows 10 and K-1 with firmware 1.41. Now it's time for good news - the application works, at least to some extent, so potential is definitely there. Moreover, it seems to have more functionalities than original Image Sync. I'm looking forward to new improved version!
Thank you for your time to test but I need a more detailed report with steps to reproduce wrong behavors.

Can you confirm also that you are using v0.6.7?

Cheers

---------- Post added 04-08-17 at 10:47 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
I unzipped the file and copied them over the previous version and that seems to work fine. I'd had problems uninstalling it before.

Tell your Pentax friends to come and try it. We need to know which cameras it works with.

RONC
Ehm, why you don't use setup.exe?
08-04-2017, 02:40 AM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by seagas Quote
Any hope for a Mac version? Just thought I would ask
Would be great if their would be a Mac Version!

08-04-2017, 02:52 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Ehm, why you don't use setup.exe?
I do use setup but if you don't uninstall, setup will be in different location and setup fails.

RONC
08-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As Ronc says above I could not run set up, kept getting error message "could not open, setup is in a different location". After several new downloads and more different locations still would not install (using latest window 10). Running Revo uninstaller showed an older version installed, Removed that version and all new downloads and attempted installs, Started fresh with a new download unzipped with 7 zip added password in zip, setup worked.
Also as above using KS2, the zoom in feature works nicely but the focus on screen is flaky I am using a new dc sigma 18- 300mm zoom lens. When I zoom to 300mm and then 10x it performs, then when I try to focus on screen I lose the 10 x zoom and no focus. I can see this being a great feature when you get those bugs out
Screen froze once for me, needing to remove battery, I don't know what I did to cause this. Next time I take better notice.
I will try with a pentax 16-85 mm zoom next.
Thanks for your efforts
Hank
08-04-2017, 01:57 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Out of curiosity, I added a second Wi-Fi to the laptop. Both Wi-Fi were 802.11n with 2 antenna. I set the USB one to Internet through the router and inbuilt one to the K1 using this program. Worked without a problem. I could download the odd file and then upload for someone else to view on the internet or via Dropbox. Let your imagination fly with what you can do. Probably make a script to see when new file arrives in laptop from camera and auto-ship Dropbox.
RONC
08-07-2017, 03:38 AM - 2 Likes   #41
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi guys,

I followed the advice of Ronc and I renamed the software in "WiFi Control for Pentax DSLR", I also found a big bug in focus routine then... uninstall current software because a big update it's coming!

Kind Regards,

Andrea
08-07-2017, 05:28 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Hi guys,

I followed the advice of Ronc and I renamed the software in "WiFi Control for Pentax DSLR", I also found a big bug in focus routine then... uninstall current software because a big update it's coming!

Kind Regards,

Andrea
Gr8. Can't wait to get next version.

RONC
08-07-2017, 08:19 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ok, new 0.6.9 version online.

Release notes:
1- name changed in "WiFi Control for Pentax DSLR". Please, uninstall previous releases.
2- new icon
3- LV: focus bug fix. In previous versions the focus point was everytime the center, sorry (!!!)
4- LV: clicking LV image when the zoom is at 1x you can focus where you click, clicking LV image when the zoom is at > 1x value you can pan (!!!)
5- Image orientation support in file preview
6- general bug fixes

Thank you to RONC that actively support ( also the only donation I received ) my work.

Best Regards,

Andrea
08-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Ok, new 0.6.9 version online.

Release notes:
1- name changed in "WiFi Control for Pentax DSLR". Please, uninstall previous releases.
2- new icon
3- LV: focus bug fix. In previous versions the focus point was everytime the center, sorry (!!!)
4- LV: clicking LV image when the zoom is at 1x you can focus where you click, clicking LV image when the zoom is at > 1x value you can pan (!!!)
5- Image orientation support in file preview
6- general bug fixes

Thank you to RONC that actively support ( also the only donation I received ) my work.

Best Regards,

Andrea
Andrea,
In a quick test, v69 looks even better. LV seems to be stable. Can you put a symbol of some sort where the LV focus point is? Sure would be helpful.

When NOT maximized, the app is too tall for the screen by a small amount but when maximized it fits perfectly. Width is no problem. My screen is 1366x768.

Will do more later.
RONC
08-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Av area on upper row of drop downs is too narrow for showing the defaults like 3.5. Should be as wide as Sv.

Other laptop with 1920x1080 the non-maximized view is fine.

RONC