Show Printable Version 51 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2017, 02:10 AM   #121

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
v 0.7.8.6 online.

Release notes.
1. more verbose log
2. little interface modification to show 6 digits file formats
3. more support to RAWDNG and RAWPEF formats

Vincenzo, try to update the k-1 firmware please.

Best Regards
I'll try the last version Andrea, I'm on FW 1.41, I'll try the 1.42 released a few days ago. I remember it working on earlier versions of the WIFI SW. When I tested with 0.7.7 I did try with one SD in and with 2 SDs. The camera is set to DNG only... I'll get back to you later on today.

Grazie,

Vincenzo

09-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ks2 and new wireless software

Hi Andrea K.
Took my Ks2 outside last night under the stars.
I had the camera set to M mode !600 iso using a sigma 18-300 zoom at 100 mm
On short exposures up to 6.1 tv the thumbnail loaded. Any longer exposure did not show up on the left side thumbnails. They were recorded on the SD card.
I am using an fast sd card and my laptop has the latest intel processor. I tried different settings, saving to Jpeg only dng only and both jpeg and dng. One more possibility
Is it possible to have the last taken thumbnail on top of the list rather than appearing at the bottom where it can't be seen unless you scroll down.
Thanks again for your hard work
Hank
09-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #123
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi hawk, now the app has a stupid 7,5 seconds timeout before to stop the latest image search. I think that you have noise reduction with black frame enabled or similar. I have to implement a better algorithm that takes care of Tv and NR settings. Can you share the log?

About thumbnails order, you are right. I will fix each in the next release.

Regards

Last edited by Andrea K; 09-21-2017 at 01:11 AM.
09-21-2017, 12:56 AM   #124
Pentaxian

Original Poster
v.0.7.9 online
Release notes:
1. preview pictures order
2. more smart preview timeout

09-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wireless .7.9 better

Thanks Andrea K. Downloaded and installed .7.9 and did a quick trial. The last picture taken now appears on the top of the list, so much easier. I can also take pictures up to 30 sec in M mode and they appear quickly in the thumbnail panel. Took 5 shots at 30 sec and they all appeared promptly. I had live view checked and the shots quickly showed in thumbnails, before if live was checked some shots would not show until I unchecked live view. I will try under the stars tonight if the sky is clear.
Thanks
Hank
09-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #126

v.0.7.9 online
Release notes:
1. preview pictures order
2. more smart preview timeout
Still not working for me, once I push the LV button the camera start to shoot pictures with an interval of a second or so as the video I posted earlier.

Pentax K-1 with latest firmware 1.42
1 SD card in slot 1
WIFI SW 0.7.9
I'm attaching the log...

Thanks!

Vincenzo
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Wifi-Remote_20170921.zip (2.8 KB, 20 views)
09-21-2017, 11:42 PM   #127
Pentaxian

Original Poster
vincenzo, we have to debug in a more direct way. PM sent.

---------- Post added 22-09-17 at 09:15 ----------

In the meanwhile v.0.7.9.1 online to try to solve Vincenzo's problem. I think that you have a SO setting or an AV that checks every URL, in this way the camera receives two requests: one from the app and another from the SO or AV. This causes the behavior that is a multi LV activation.
After the test that I requested in PM, use this version, retry and report to me. Also if you have an antivirus try to disable.

Best Regards

09-22-2017, 11:06 AM   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

.7.9 test

Hi Andrea k
Tested .7.9 last night with Ks2 and several different lens including a samyang fisheye all manual. Great results
Camera outside on tripod, laptop windows 10 inside.
I could take multiple shots and up to 30.1 seconds, change some parameters like white balance and mono, Tv iso .
What it can not do and is really important for astrophotography is to be able use the camera in bulb mode.
Seeing the results on a large computer screen makes life easier (in below freezing weather) and quality easier to obtain.
I tried both methods of bulb release and neither worked. What was odd I could press the button on the camera while in the software and the
thumbnail would show up in the software. Interval shooting would also be great.
Of course live view is usless for most deep sky photos unless the object is bright also, most shots are focused at the scope.
Please bulb mode is essential. Pentax cameras are very good for astro photos, but Pentax stops short not giving us the tools needed.
Thanks again Andrea for your progress and work.
Hank
09-23-2017, 02:24 AM   #129
Veteran Member

Comments

I have a couple of things I feel need to be changed before going to version 1.
The drop-down menu for aperture Av should have values as would be shown in the camera and the decimal should be aligned with right justification. Show units in title (mm).

The drop-down menu for time Tv should also be shown as it is in the camera. Below one sec should be 1/xxx Alignment is necessary above one sec and aligned on / below one sec. Show units in title (sec).

Show units in title for Sv (ISO) and ExComp (ev).

In Info area, Temperature should be title for HOT. Spell serial number not nr.

When starting the app, I have to go to the photos tab to set sd card for viewing back on the camera tab. Can you save the sd number from run to run? Please.

I have had problems installing on the second laptop. Something to do with the Microsoft store. Couldn't find some file if I remember right. This is brand new PC so something might not be installed, turned on, or set correctly. I'll get log and send along to you.

Post release version 1:
Is the app able to see whether Pixel Shift and other parameters are on? If so, can the app change them if coded to do so?

Looking good.

Regards,
RONC

Last edited by rechmbrs; 09-23-2017 at 02:35 AM.
09-23-2017, 08:30 AM   #130
Veteran Member

Microsoft store

Andrea,
This is the log file from the latest and newest laptop I've tested. Almost directly out of the box so there might be things not turned on/off, missing, or I could have broken something. If you think it is the apps problem let me know otherwise I will dig into it deeper.

RONC

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.15063.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
clr.dll : 4.7.2110.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
dfdll.dll : 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.15063.0 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/RECHM/Desktop/wifi_control_pentax/WiFiControlForPentax.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\RECHM\Desktop\wifi_control_pentax\WiFiControlForPentax.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [9/23/2017 10:21:14 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\RECHM\Desktop\wifi_control_pentax\WiFiControlForPentax.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [9/23/2017 10:21:23 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
- The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestFromStore(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestWithRetry(DefinitionIdentity asmId, TimeSpan retryInterval, Int32 maxRetryCount)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
09-25-2017, 05:39 AM   #131
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Seems a problem with you .NET configuration. Try to uninstall and reinstall the app. If this doesn't work delete folder %userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps

Best Regards

Last edited by Andrea K; 09-25-2017 at 06:53 AM.
09-25-2017, 07:11 PM   #132
Veteran Member

Seems a problem with you .NET configuration. Try to uninstall and reinstall the app. If this doesn't work delete folder %userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps

Best Regards
Just found dot net repair tool. Will have a go with it in the morning.

That folder doesn't exist.

RONC.
09-26-2017, 01:39 PM   #133

Issues with my K-1

vincenzo, we have to debug in a more direct way. PM sent.

---------- Post added 22-09-17 at 09:15 ----------

In the meanwhile v.0.7.9.1 online to try to solve Vincenzo's problem. I think that you have a SO setting or an AV that checks every URL, in this way the camera receives two requests: one from the app and another from the SO or AV. This causes the behavior that is a multi LV activation.
After the test that I requested in PM, use this version, retry and report to me. Also if you have an antivirus try to disable.

Best Regards
Andrea,

I have the same issue with 0.7.9.1. I PM'ed you the result of the other test (successful)

Thx,

Vincenzo
09-27-2017, 01:02 AM   #134
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Just found dot net repair tool. Will have a go with it in the morning.

That folder doesn't exist.

RONC.
You know that %userprofile% is a system variable then you have to put the entire path on Windows Explorer and not search this folder in C: ? :P
09-27-2017, 01:38 AM   #135
Veteran Member

You know that %userprofile% is a system variable then you have to put the entire path on Windows Explorer and not search this folder in C: ? :P
I think something has changed userprofile as I have other problems now. I'm about to repair windows before I have much loaded on it. 16gb memory and 500 GB ssd in 15in laptop. And it is mine.

Thanks,
RONC