Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 51 Likes Search this Thread
09-27-2017, 06:58 AM   #136
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TV and Av print from image sync

These are the screen shots of how image sync displays Tv and Av.
RONC
Name:  Screenshot_20170927-084545.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20170927-084615.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  43.3 KB

09-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #137
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just recently found this thread and very interested in it. I downloaded the file mentioned in the first thread, pentax_wifi_remote_beta.zip and unzipped it. But when I click on the Setup.exe file I get this error message:

"Compressed (zipped) folders error

Windows cannot complete the extraction.
The destination file could not be created."

I downloaded it several times with the same results.
If it helps, my system is a Windows 10. 64 bit with a Asus ROG G752VT – DH74 Laptop. Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60Hz 2.59GHz
24 GB RAM

Am I using the correct program file?
09-28-2017, 04:16 PM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Wingiin See post #30 When you unzip use the password mentioned.
Hank
09-28-2017, 04:25 PM   #139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
I just recently found this thread and very interested in it. I downloaded the file mentioned in the first thread, pentax_wifi_remote_beta.zip and unzipped it. But when I click on the Setup.exe file I get this error message:

"Compressed (zipped) folders error

Windows cannot complete the extraction.
The destination file could not be created."

I downloaded it several times with the same results.
If it helps, my system is a Windows 10. 64 bit with a Asus ROG G752VT – DH74 Laptop. Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60Hz 2.59GHz
24 GB RAM

Am I using the correct program file?
Are you using Windows for unzipping? I've had problems with the windows unzip and now use izarc or winzip. With windows, I had problem with network connections which I never figure out.

RONC

---------- Post added 09-28-17 at 18:48 ----------

Windows compression or decompression routines do not work with password compressed files!!!!!!

how do i password protect a compressed zip file - Microsoft Community

RONC

10-04-2017, 02:02 PM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank both of you for the help. I was able to unzip & install the program without any problem, Version 07.9.1 but the program is not connecting with my KP. I have activated the KP's wifi and when starting the program none of the fields get filled in and a note at the bottom left of the screen states: Get parameter failed. The first few times it gave what appears to be an IP address then the words: Get parameter failed,
After these failures I decided to try the KP's SSID code in the Optons box in the IP-Addresse Camera field: PENTAX_6C408E, but this didn't work either.
I closed & restarted the program several times, same results.

Anyone else with similar results and know what I am doing wrong?
10-04-2017, 02:25 PM   #141
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank both of you for the help. I was able to unzip & install the program without any problem, Version 07.9.1 but the program is not connecting with my KP. I have activated the KP's wifi and when starting the program none of the fields get filled in and a note at the bottom left of the screen states: Get parameter failed. The first few times it gave what appears to be an IP address then the words: Get parameter failed,
After these failures I decided to try the KP's SSID code in the Optons box in the IP-Addresse Camera field: PENTAX_6C408E, but this didn't work either.

Great that you are making headway.
The description you give happens on the K 1 also. I push the LV button on the camera once and that seems to put things in motion. The parameters get filled and it is time to shoot. If you have LV checked, you should see through the lens on your computer.
Have a try and let us know.
RONC
10-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #142
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Might be a stupid question, but have you checked that your computer has connected to the cameras wifi?

10-05-2017, 02:56 PM - 2 Likes   #143
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Guys. I want to thank you all for helping me figuring this out.

I tried the LV option, putting the camera in LV and checking the box on the program, same results. The Laptop is connected to the the camera's WF. The fields will not fill in and no picture. When I click on the "Get Parameter" button it will not fill in.
In the options box of the program for the IP-Adresse Camera I tried filling in the SSID name, the IPv4 address, and the Physical address (MAC) info, and just leaving it blank but none of that works.

The one difference after checking the LV box when I click on the "Get Parameter" button on the bottom of the screen it now reads "LV Focus: Focus Error."

If it helps, here is the info on my laptop from the KP's Wifi:

SSID: PENTAX_6C408E
Protocol: 802.11n
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 2.4 GHz
Network channel: 11
IPv6 DNS Servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
IPv4 address: 192.168.0.2
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
Driver version: 19.30.0.4
Physical address (MAC): ‎92-72-DB-23-36-E0

---------- Post added 10-05-17 at 03:27 PM ----------

Success, it now works. I decided to un-install the program and re-install it. Now it works. At first only the LV picture showed up but when I checked on the green button all the fields filled in. I am able to choose between auto focus or manual focus by clicking on the screen where I want to focus. I can change the settings. About the only thing weird is the mouse pointer remains in a busy status, but it will still work & function properly.

Thank you Andrea for creating this program.
10-05-2017, 05:41 PM   #144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Guys. I want to thank you all for helping me figuring this out.

I tried the LV option, putting the camera in LV and checking the box on the program, same results. The Laptop is connected to the the camera's WF. The fields will not fill in and no picture. When I click on the "Get Parameter" button it will not fill in.
In the options box of the program for the IP-Adresse Camera I tried filling in the SSID name, the IPv4 address, and the Physical address (MAC) info, and just leaving it blank but none of that works.

The one difference after checking the LV box when I click on the "Get Parameter" button on the bottom of the screen it now reads "LV Focus: Focus Error."

If it helps, here is the info on my laptop from the KP's Wifi:

SSID: PENTAX_6C408E
Protocol: 802.11n
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 2.4 GHz
Network channel: 11
IPv6 DNS Servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
IPv4 address: 192.168.0.2
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
Driver version: 19.30.0.4
Physical address (MAC): ‎92-72-DB-23-36-E0

---------- Post added 10-05-17 at 03:27 PM ----------

Success, it now works. I decided to un-install the program and re-install it. Now it works. At first only the LV picture showed up but when I checked on the green button all the fields filled in. I am able to choose between auto focus or manual focus by clicking on the screen where I want to focus. I can change the settings. About the only thing weird is the mouse pointer remains in a busy status, but it will still work & function properly.

Thank you Andrea for creating this program.
Good service goes with a great program.

Glad WE got you up and running.

RONC
10-09-2017, 12:22 AM   #145
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi,

release 0.8.0 online.

Release notes:
1- reworked top menu now with more easy to understand SD setting.
2- support to BULB with seconds setting mode, not "click to start and click to stop" ( you can change the BULB behavior with camera green button ). This "click start & click end" behavior will soon be available, Image Sync does it, but I have to heavly change Shoot code in the App.

Av and Tv lists are also in my thoughts but they will be changed in a future release, prior the v1 but after complete Bulb support.

Best Regards,

Andrea
10-09-2017, 08:32 AM   #146
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Andrea,

Looking good. SD works nice now. Program seems very robust.

At sometime, you might make the battery level bold lettered when no full.

Impressive how far its come.

Regards,
RONC
10-11-2017, 12:22 AM   #147
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speed up downloads PM

Andrea,

How much benefit might we get by having an option to turn off everything but the download? LV must send a lot of data streaming over the wifi link. Can we coordinate turning it off or reducing the speed when sending a file from the camera? Are there any other things that use bandwidth?
RONC
10-11-2017, 01:23 AM - 1 Like   #148
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Andrea,

How much benefit might we get by having an option to turn off everything but the download? LV must send a lot of data streaming over the wifi link. Can we coordinate turning it off or reducing the speed when sending a file from the camera? Are there any other things that use bandwidth?
RONC
k-1 wifi bandwidth is 11Mbps
LV HS takes 5-6Mbps
LV SD takes 2-3Mbps

Yes, I could think about an option "Disable LV when download pictures"
10-11-2017, 01:56 AM   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
k-1 wifi bandwidth is 11Mbps
LV HS takes 5-6Mbps
LV SD takes 2-3Mbps

Yes, I could think about an option "Disable LV when download pictures"
Andrea,
That means we could almost double the download speed. That could be a major improvement. Even an option to drop down to LV SD would benefit without loss of LV. I think you should think of that also. Drop to SD or turn off if originally set to HS and turn off if originally set to SD. Please put on your list.
Program is very stable. With flucard or Image Sync, we would be having problems.
Cheers,
RONC

Last edited by rechmbrs; 10-11-2017 at 05:45 AM.
10-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #150
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi guys,

new v0.8.5 (beta) online.

Release notes.
1- Full Bulb Support
2- New option to disable LV when downloading pictures. I'm not so sure that it brings a benefit, I think there is a limit in the use of the band directly in the camera: 5Mbps for LiveView 5Mbps for download pictures

Test please.

Thank you,

Andrea