Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2017, 12:49 AM - 3 Likes   #166
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi guys!

new v.0.9.0 online.

Release notes:
1- redefined GUI according to your advice: more visible LV toggle button, "enlarge your LV or preview" mode (you can use also ALT + ENTER shortcut), more understandable icons, big buttons.
2- new option to enable LV at app start: Options icon -> Preferences
3- Pictures tab now autoloads camera pictures

Enjoy!

Last edited by Andrea K; 12-12-2017 at 02:24 AM.
12-13-2017, 03:10 PM   #167
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Great job! Looks good!
12-14-2017, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #168
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi,

v 0.9.1 online

1- some bugfixes
2- loading pictures icon fixed

Cheers!
12-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #169
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Hi,

v 0.9.1 online

1- some bugfixes
2- loading pictures icon fixed

Cheers!
Andrea,

I think TV and Exp Comp still need work.
In Tv using the decimal point as a delimiter leads to confusion. I'll give you a table where it is ok.
In Exp Comp, I think you need to add another decimal point and force all to have two numbers on the right side.

ISO only shows one value. Have to check camera settings but think the list should show all.

Also they should be right justified.

RONC

12-18-2017, 01:40 AM - 3 Likes   #170
Pentaxian

Original Poster
V 0.9.3 online
Release notes:
1- much more readable Tv values in selection and in latest shots preview
2- some bugfixes in BULB mode with timer exposure (also without )
3- disabled ISO selection when TAv mode selected (latest RONC test report)

Exp Comp values are read from camera and are the same that you see in pictures review mode or exif data directly in camera.

Regards.
12-18-2017, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
V 0.9.3 online
Release notes:
1- much more readable Tv values in selection and in latest shots preview
2- some bugfixes in BULB mode with timer exposure (also without )
3- disabled ISO selection when TAv mode selected (latest RONC test report)

Exp Comp values are read from camera and are the same that you see in pictures review mode or exif data directly in camera.

Regards.
Andrea,
I'm done nitpicking the interface. Looks good.

Regards,
RONC
12-18-2017, 09:09 AM   #172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I must have missed something in the instructions. I downloaded the latest version but it does not unzip w/o error messages. It does not ask for a password. Any suggestions? WIN 10 on I7 machine.

12-18-2017, 09:22 AM - 1 Like   #173
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I must have missed something in the instructions. I downloaded the latest version but it does not unzip w/o error messages. It does not ask for a password. Any suggestions? WIN 10 on I7 machine.
What software are you using to unzip? Go in file properties and check if the file is blocked.
Please, also check if your antivirus or similar is blocking the file.

Regards
12-18-2017, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #174
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just tried 7-Zip and it worked. I had been using the system Extract function which always works on other files. Must be something different about this zip. Anyway it is installed and I will be trying it out. Thanks for your work.
12-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #175
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Are you using Windows for unzipping? I've had problems with the windows unzip and now use izarc or winzip. With windows, I had problem with network connections which I never figure out.
RONC
---------- Post added 09-28-17 at 18:48 ----------
Windows compression or decompression routines do not work with password compressed files!!!!!!
how do i password protect a compressed zip file - Microsoft Community
RONC
Information is all in this thread, you just have to read it.
So get WinRar and then you can enter the password for the protected zip-file even with Windows 10.
12-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Andrea K. Again I (we) appreciate your work and your effort. Tried .9.3 this morning on the KS2. Several problems seem to occur, When I shoot in AV mode I get unhanded exception and a choice to continue. When I press continue the Hour glass comes on and will not stop. Change to Tv mode and seems to work properly. In bulb mode the after countdown, for say 20 sec. the I have dark subtract for 20 sec.. I do not want dark subtract as is to time consuming. I have several other lockups at various settings. Reverted back to 9.1 and settings are stable. In bulb there is no dark subtract in .9.1, for me this is good. Could make dark subtract an option?
Thanks
Hank
12-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #177
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've had to download a couple times to get a good file during the development of this app. Try again.
RONC
12-19-2017, 02:21 AM - 1 Like   #178
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by oneeyedhawk Quote
Hi Andrea K. Again I (we) appreciate your work and your effort. Tried .9.3 this morning on the KS2. Several problems seem to occur, When I shoot in AV mode I get unhanded exception and a choice to continue. When I press continue the Hour glass comes on and will not stop. Change to Tv mode and seems to work properly. In bulb mode the after countdown, for say 20 sec. the I have dark subtract for 20 sec.. I do not want dark subtract as is to time consuming. I have several other lockups at various settings. Reverted back to 9.1 and settings are stable. In bulb there is no dark subtract in .9.1, for me this is good. Could make dark subtract an option?
Thanks
Hank
UPDATE: v0.9.3.5 online
Release notes:
1- Av mode fix
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi,

please do these actions and after the errors send me in a PM the log that you can generate with Options -> Download log. (I think that I have fixed Av in 0.9.3.5)

"I have several other lockups at various settings", can you write, also in a PM, more details? It's important, thank you.

About dark frame, the app tries to figure out if the camera is processing the dark frame or not. Please, you have to check if during this also the camera is processing the dark frame.

Many thanks for your tests.

Cheers.

Last edited by Andrea K; 12-19-2017 at 02:42 AM. Reason: UPDATE to announce v0.9.3.5 with Av mode fix
12-20-2017, 12:59 AM - 4 Likes   #179
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some news.
v 0.9.5.0 online
Release notes
1- Fix to correctly retrieve latest picture after a shot (oneeyedhawk bug report)
2- Fix to better enable or not the dark frame process after a BULB shot (oneeyedhawk bug report)

Enjoy
03-02-2018, 04:29 PM   #180
Pentaxian

I'll test it