Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
Forum Member

K10D in really cold temps.

Hi guys, just thought I'd pass this on to anyone wondering how the K10D handles in extremely low temperatures. I live in Ontario Canada and last week, a day after a winter storm I went out to the countryside for some shots. It was minus 18 degrees C...(minus 30 degrees C with the wind chill factor) and during a two hour time period I took 138 photos without a hiccup. I purposely did'nt cover the camera -just let it dangle from my neck because I wanted to test it's capabilities in such conditions ....no problem, did'nt even notice any slowing down...yep, I do love this camera!

02-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I did the same thing today... WET COAST.

I went out for a hike and I basically just let the horizontal rain on our coast pound it... it withstood it no problem. It was no 30 below, but it was bloody damp and cold, to the point where my hands went completely numb and my face stung.

Awesome camera, I don't envy the people that spent $800 more on the D200... at all.

Doug
02-18-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
rainworthy too

Well it's nice to know that it's weather protection works....especially as I'm planning a vacation to Thailand this year, it can get pretty wet there at times I hear.
03-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by slugtaco Quote
I went out for a hike and I basically just let the horizontal rain on our coast pound it... it withstood it no problem. It was no 30 below, but it was bloody damp and cold, to the point where my hands went completely numb and my face stung.
You are exactly the person I want to talk to

I'm planning on getting the K10D for street photography. It'll get exposed to whatever elements I am (rain, snow, etc...). Do you think I need to get the 16-50 weather proof lens, or will the 16-45 be ok?