Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
06-01-2017, 04:16 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CLG Quote
By the way, I just wanted to know if these eye cups from all Pentax bodies are compatible. If I can find one on an old body I'll just use that. For example is a K-R eye cup compatible with a K-m Eye cup?
Is a k-5 eye cup compatible with a k-x eye cup? Do the k-s1 and k-s2 use interchangeable eye cups?
I'm pretty sure all the digital SLRS, at least, are the same.

06-01-2017, 05:27 AM   #17
CLG

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
I'm pretty sure all the digital SLRS, at least, are the same.
Thanks Tim!

Can anyone else confirm?
06-01-2017, 05:44 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Maybe you can buy a third party eyecup to save some money?

Some reviews of viewfinder stuff here, maybe they contain some info:
Viewfinder Attachments (Third-Party) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
PENTAX Magnifier Eyecup O-ME53 reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Or you can make an ad to buy one from someone who has a broken DSLR with a functioning eyecup. Original parts are usually not super affordable
I don't know about compatibility. You can look at photos of the various cameras and see if the eyecups look the same
06-01-2017, 05:49 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
If you wear glasses, having one is a good idea. I had no eyecup on my camera for the better part of a year, and scraped the anti-reflective coating off my right eyeglass-lens. Otherwise? Nice to have, but not essential.

This. The value of the eyecup would depend upon whether you wear glasses, I think. I can show you a couple dozen pairs of glasses with a series of tiny scratches on the upper part of the right lens that came from constantly putting a camera with no rubber eyecup to my eye. If you don't wear glasses, I'm not sure the eyecup makes a great deal of difference.

06-01-2017, 03:06 PM   #20
CLG

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. I guess what I can do is just not use my classes when I do use my camera, at least for now.

In my research my camera uses an FQ model eyecup.
Most of the newer models use an FR model eyecup.

I just wonder if these are compatible.
06-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #21

It's also a matter of comfort. It's generally more comfortable to shoot with an eye cup than not.