Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 826 Likes Search this Thread
03-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #91

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
K-7 with DA18-55WR
Charlac.
The Dragon fly is Truely amazing with an 18-55mm. Did you use an extension tube.
Great shot
Andy

03-23-2019, 05:58 AM - 2 Likes   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Andy123 Quote
Charlac.
The Dragon fly is Truely amazing with an 18-55mm. Did you use an extension tube.
Great shot
Andy
Hi Andy, thanks for the kudos. So you got me second guessing myself. For one, I pulled that image off my Facebook page (no EXIF info) and two, back then, I had very few lenses...I just figured it was a crop of the 18-55. I just went back in my photo archive and sure enough, I lied! I was actually using my good old, tried and true, M75-150 f/4 Zoom. A beautiful piece of glass and so crisp for a zoom. And that is not a crop.

Here is another from that day; full image and and then cropped for detail and the one you commented on, re-done, not with Picasa like the first but proper RAW PP software. I love that lens but now, with a D-FA 100 WR in my bag, the poor 75-150 rarely gets used for macro.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
03-23-2019, 06:05 AM   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cpk Quote
See my earlier post in this thread (#30), but here is another infrared-converted K-7 shot:

Montreal in a Series of Walkabouts - Charles Kinghorn
Wow! Incredible shots Charles (and great name BTW ), I really like your PP style. I may have to get a K-7 one day just for infra-red; such a cool medium to explore.
03-23-2019, 06:14 AM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Charles

Nice series.
Where are the boats stored over winter as they were replaced wth huts ?
Never have that problem over here

Dave
Usually in a storage facility, shrink-wrapped against the elements. I tried to find a picture I have but no luck.

03-23-2019, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #95
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Charles

Nice series.
Where are the boats stored over winter as they were replaced wth huts ?
Never have that problem over here

Dave
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Usually in a storage facility, shrink-wrapped against the elements. I tried to find a picture I have but no luck.
Thanks for the comments both of you. CharLac would be right about the storage over the winter, where I don't know. The ice fishing huts weren't there the following year, only the ice; I had gone back to retake the photo because there was so much smog under the bridge the first time. Had to live with it.

In my series on Montreal numbers 1 and 10 to 14 inclusive are all infrared and were taken with the K-7. My K-5 and K-5 II were used for the others.

The photographs were taken as I wandered around or walked about Montreal over a period of two years, hence the name of the show. I used a gps app on my phone to map my movements and displayed some the maps besides the photos during the show.

The K-7 is a good camera for infrared conversion because most of that type of photography is taken outdoors during the day with no need for a high iso sensor.
03-26-2019, 02:17 PM - 6 Likes   #96
Veteran Member

04-24-2019, 02:26 PM - 3 Likes   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jan/2010 K-7 with DA 18-55 WR

04-24-2019, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #98
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A couple more from 2010 with the M75-150
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
05-18-2019, 03:44 PM - 6 Likes   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Among other things, the K-7 taught me how to shoot against intense backlight, something I had rarely dared to explore before. For sure, high ISO wasn't exactly the K-7's forte, but I'm glad it gave me those two shots of the old dame whom we had to have put to sleep only recently. That evening with Mora letting her eyes wander "her field" is something I shall probably not forget for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 12-27-2019 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Embedded links
06-12-2019, 05:44 PM - 3 Likes   #100
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
So, it's funny that I just now saw this thread. I picked up a K-7 locally a few months ago and was amazed at what a good camera it is and how comparable it is to the K-3, which I love. The title of this thread is very accurate. The K-7 started my favorite body design and feature set that lives on today. And we are coming up on it's 10th anniversary! Crazy.

I liked it so much I did a little review of it on YouTube here (which then I end up talking about video, funny enough. I have ended up using it for video quite a lot actually...)

And here are some of my favorite pictures with it:

Thanks for keeping this alive and sharing all your awesome work Love it.
06-13-2019, 07:15 AM - 4 Likes   #101
Pentaxian

Heavily Backlit...and quickly acquired. K-7 and Sigma 300mm/2.8. Last sunlight at Brighton.Brisbane QLD

I love the " Icicles" dropping from the feet
07-31-2019, 07:39 AM - 2 Likes   #102
Forum Member

When I bought my K-7 new almost ten years ago, its video capability was on par, or ahead of other brands, and one of the reasons why I chose that camera.
It's also one of the reasons I haven't upgraded. I STILL use my K-7 for all the serious photography that I do... and I use it for more video shooting than when I first bought it.

I would actually like to upgrade at this point (for a variety of reasons), but none of the newer models have offered me a compelling enough improvement in video features (they took away real video SR! AARGH) to make the leap. I can't afford to switch systems... so I'm still waiting.

Obligatory recent photo with the K-7.
12-04-2019, 07:13 AM - 3 Likes   #103
Veteran Member

---------- Post added 12-04-19 at 07:24 AM ----------

---------- Post added 12-04-19 at 07:39 AM ----------

12-04-2019, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #104
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm glad to see this thread. I'm a little late to the party, but the K-7 is also my first DSLR and first Pentax. I was able to grab a lightly used body (somewhere around 9K count on the shutter) with a kit lens for less than I was seeing for a body only K10d or K20d. While I was planning on holding out until February for a used K-5 or K-5II/K-5IIs, I decided to take a gamble and bid on this K-7 figuring it would go well above what I was willing to put down on it. I ended up getting it right at my max bid. I haven't had much opportunity to take many pictures with it yet. I'm looking forward to learning how to use this camera (my first ILC) and get back into photography.

I just took this one today while testing out the D-BG4 I just acquired. Edited on the camera.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
12-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Loving the K-7

I love my K-7. In fact, I liked it enough to pay $200 repair bill when the shutter assembly broke down at 35,000 clicks and had to be replaced.