Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2009, 03:49 AM   #16

Happens to me with K10 - black shots

Hi brothers in arms

I'm new on this forum and I'm equally desperate as Saul. I can almost copy/paste Saul's post

Ever since I've bought my K10, in April 2008, camera produces black shots in very different light conditions. The lens is open, exposure set correctly, camera metering and everything else works good, but after taking shots, it appears simply solid black. If I keep pressing the shutter button, nothing happens, only black shots. Then I turn the camera of and on and using the same aperture/exposure setting everything's fine, there's a photo on the card.
The black shot file on the card reads 15-16 mb and exif info same as the normal one.
I'm using SanDisk Extreme III 4 gb. When I first took the camera back to service, they updated the firmware and suggested it is a card issue. I got a new card from SanDisk, but the problem persists. I took it back to service again and they claimed that everything's fine with the camera, I just have a bad luck with the cards. If only black shot happens with another card, they said to replace the camera. After shooting the whole summer without any problem, it happened again and yes this time with another card.
Can you PLEASE suggest what is the problem or what to do because the service persists that everything's OK with camera.

02-05-2009, 03:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Is this about one k20d or one k10d?

The thread-text was not the same as the main-text.
02-05-2009, 04:08 AM   #18

if the admin thinks that this post shoud be moved somewhere, i don't mind. i only posted here because of the same problem
02-10-2009, 06:51 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Saul Quote
Hello
2. Camera quite often freezes usually after I change lenses or I wake it up from sleep mode. When it works good, all camera functions performs good and I am happy about it.
Thanks
Hi there, do you switch the camera OFF before changing lenses ? I would recommend you do so, as it says in the camera manual (p58 for K10D under "attaching the lens")

with respect to black frames, I've had no problem with my K10 in 11000 shots. I tend to ensure that I start the day with a fully charged battery.

If I remember correctly (IIRC) I did not need to go into the camera menus to format my sandisk extreme III SD cards, just worked from the go.

ensure you have a real sandisk card, not a fake, IIRC the sandisk website has examples of real and fake.

sorry to hear of your problems, hope you get them resolved. Can you get the camera checked in your home country via the international warranty whci comes with the camera ?