Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2008, 07:40 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WhiteComet Quote
Thanks for the replies, I will try to go to a store later on to check out the K20D. Im not here to talk about my opinions on an entry level camera and a high-end camera, Im just here asking if its worth it to Upgrade to a K20D is it significantly faster and better than its little brother?
Try the K20 and K200 with SDM lenses. It is pretty respectable on the autofocus front and my impression is that they are pretty competitive at their price points. As nice as the D3 is, you can buy a K20 with a 16-50 and 50-135 and have money left to put toward a DA200 or DA300 for the price of a D3 body and the price of high end glass from Nikon (or Canon) is also pretty steep. To paraphrase Peter Zack, shoot with the gear you own... Dave

08-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by troywhite Quote
I don't get it.

I've never had problems with slow AF on my K20D or on my previous *istDS.
In good light, I think that all three of my Pentax cameras (*ist DS, K10D and K20D) auto-focus just fine.

When the light is NOT good, I often have problems with auto-focus. Technique can compensate to a good degree, that is, you can learn how to use the camera in way that minimizes these problems. But they are real.

I have very limited personal experience with auto-focus in other brands of digital SLR. It's been reported here and sounds plausible to me that Pentax auto-focus, while slower than Canon's, is more accurate.

Will