Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Vivitar (Cosina) 135/2.8 on *ist D:

08-30-2020, 03:24 PM   #1547
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Vivitar (Cosina) 135/2.8 on *ist D:
Could be one of the various nightshade species. Nice finding.
08-30-2020, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #1548
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Simon K Quote
Could be one of the various nightshade species. Nice finding.
Could be, but I really have no idea. I found it in a wooded area near Dallas, TX. Thanks!
08-31-2020, 02:48 PM - 8 Likes   #1549
Pentaxian

After eight. The parking lot of our local grocery store this evening.

K-100D, Revuenon 50mm f/1.4, iso 1600, 1/15sec, handheld.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
09-01-2020, 12:10 AM   #1550
Veteran Member

I like everything about this one .

09-01-2020, 03:15 AM   #1551
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
I like everything about this one .
Thank you very much glinda
09-01-2020, 07:36 AM - 7 Likes   #1552
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Just received my $ 11.00 K110D with kit lens from Goodwill . I had to wait till the rain stopped . I saw a post on Pentaxians United on facebook about a six-mp club so I took a few quick photos . They are straight out of the camera with no editing except for cropping . The flowers are with the Pentax D-FA 100mm f2.8 and the Grand baby blanket was with the sigma 18-35 f1.8 . . .

09-01-2020, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #1553
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxk3user Quote
Just received my $ 11.00 K110D with kit lens from Goodwill
Congrats and welcome aboard!
09-01-2020, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #1554
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice series PentaxK3User and welcome to the club.
09-01-2020, 01:51 PM - 3 Likes   #1555
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nice shooting everyone, and welcome to our new members

In the woods - DA18-55 on K100D:
09-02-2020, 12:19 AM - 1 Like   #1556

I think my fave of yours, so far. Congrats.
09-02-2020, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #1557
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Brunon Quote
I think my fave of yours, so far. Congrats.
Thank you a lot. The 50mm 1.4 is the only choice I have for walk around shooting at night without a tripot. Much fun to do.
09-02-2020, 10:32 AM   #1558
Forum Member

Thanks everyone . This was harder than I thought . I wanted to get photos without editing except for cropping so what you see is no adjustments at all in lighting sharpness color adjustment ,none of that they are straight out of the camera . I put the image tone setting in the camera to the one with a little color going around it, I left the cameras settings saturation, sharpness and contrast in the middle, if there are better in camera setting let me know. I noticed a slight pinkish color on some of the rose peddles and I just couldn't find a setting as far as aperture and shutter speed that would get rid of that color I had the iso on 200 . . If anyone know how to get rid of that let me know . I just go the camera and waited till the rain stopped and went out and too the photos . I don't know if you can zoom in on the photos or not but if you can It is really sharp zoomed way in . I was surprised at the sharpness the 6 mp captured . It took me a while to figure out the iso settings but I think on mine it stops at 200 . I couldn't find a lower setting . I mainly shoot manual or TAv mode but this one doesn't have that mode I guess I got a little spoiled . I was playing around with the camera in manual mode and even with the cameras AF / MF set in MF it was still trying to focus . I can't figure out what setting to use to stop it from trying to focus . I thought once the camera was set in the MF switch setting it would stop trying to focus . It took me a while but I finely figures out that if the camera is set to MF before you turn on the camera it won't try to focus and you can switch from MF to AF while the camera is still it will auto focus but if you switch it from AF to MF while the camera is still on it won't stop the auto focus from trying to focus ,but if you turn the camera off and switch it to MF and turn it back on it stops the auto focus and the MF works as it should . That was very annoying . Is that the way it is on all k110D's ? If you have one try it and let me know . Switch it to AF and turn the camera on then press the shutter button half way to let it focus then switch it to MF and take it out of focus and see if the auto focus is trying to focus . If it does let me know so I know its just not my camera . Its no big deal now that I know what to do I'm just wondering if its just my camera or all k110d's . All the photos in this club are so good Its hard to believe they are taken with a 6mp camera . It really shows for every day use and your not going to blow a print up to the size of a wall a 6 mp is all you need to get great photos .
09-02-2020, 12:01 PM - 1 Like   #1559
Pentaxian

Thanks everyone . This was harder than I thought . I wanted to get photos without editing except for cropping so what you see is no adjustments at all in lighting sharpness color adjustment ,none of that they are straight out of the camera . I put the image tone setting in the camera to the one with a little color going around it, I left the cameras settings saturation, sharpness and contrast in the middle, if there are better in camera setting let me know. I noticed a slight pinkish color on some of the rose peddles and I just couldn't find a setting as far as aperture and shutter speed that would get rid of that color I had the iso on 200 . . If anyone know how to get rid of that let me know . I just go the camera and waited till the rain stopped and went out and too the photos . I don't know if you can zoom in on the photos or not but if you can It is really sharp zoomed way in . I was surprised at the sharpness the 6 mp captured . It took me a while to figure out the iso settings but I think on mine it stops at 200 . I couldn't find a lower setting . I mainly shoot manual or TAv mode but this one doesn't have that mode I guess I got a little spoiled . I was playing around with the camera in manual mode and even with the cameras AF / MF set in MF it was still trying to focus . I can't figure out what setting to use to stop it from trying to focus . I thought once the camera was set in the MF switch setting it would stop trying to focus . It took me a while but I finely figures out that if the camera is set to MF before you turn on the camera it won't try to focus and you can switch from MF to AF while the camera is still it will auto focus but if you switch it from AF to MF while the camera is still on it won't stop the auto focus from trying to focus ,but if you turn the camera off and switch it to MF and turn it back on it stops the auto focus and the MF works as it should . That was very annoying . Is that the way it is on all k110D's ? If you have one try it and let me know . Switch it to AF and turn the camera on then press the shutter button half way to let it focus then switch it to MF and take it out of focus and see if the auto focus is trying to focus . If it does let me know so I know its just not my camera . Its no big deal now that I know what to do I'm just wondering if its just my camera or all k110d's . All the photos in this club are so good Its hard to believe they are taken with a 6mp camera . It really shows for every day use and your not going to blow a print up to the size of a wall a 6 mp is all you need to get great photos .
All I can tell is how my K-100D behaves, but as far as I know the only difference to the K-110D is in the shake reduction.
There is no need with my camera to turn it off to switch between af and mf or vice versa. Good you found that workaround.
09-02-2020, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #1560
Veteran Member

It is kinda fun learning a new camera ... Isn't it .. even if you already have used others ...
I feel like sometimes I’m building a house from the roof down ... instead of starting with digging the foundation ...

Ever feel like that ?