Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2021, 05:34 AM - 5 Likes   #2806
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
wirrah's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lower Hunter, NSW
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 158
*istD and the faithful Sigma 24-60mm again. The two rescued boys, Phantom and Cadfael (Caddie) meet our first ever puppy purchase Georgiana Darcy (Georgie)




Last edited by wirrah; 09-12-2021 at 12:56 AM.
09-11-2021, 06:48 AM - 5 Likes   #2807
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 22
New old Pentax *Ist DL2 with Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL kitlens. Recreation area "Oude Maas", Barendrecht, The Netherlands. After and before the rain: regular heavy showers. Because of this: very vivid colours (I didn't do any pp on the colours - the images come straight out of the camera).




Last edited by Robert1966; 09-11-2021 at 07:31 AM.
09-11-2021, 09:57 AM - 2 Likes   #2808
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
djb47's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lenoir, NC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 931
K1000D/Tamron 28-105


09-11-2021, 09:59 AM - 2 Likes   #2809
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,195
K100d super , fa 50/ 1.7

My trusty super is not letting me set the aperture or shutter speed with the thumb dial, in Av , not working for shutter speed in M either .
I’m worried.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 
09-11-2021, 10:14 AM   #2810
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,499
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
My trusty super is not letting me set the aperture or shutter speed with the thumb dial, in Av , not working for shutter speed in M either .I’m worried.
Have you tried spraying a bit of contact cleaner in the e-wheel slot?
09-11-2021, 10:52 AM   #2811
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,195
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Have you tried spraying a bit of contact cleaner in the e-wheel slot?
No, Paul .
Is it specific for cameras ? What and where do I buy it ?
09-11-2021, 10:59 AM   #2812
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,499
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
No, Paul .
Is it specific for cameras ? What and where do I buy it ?
You can find electrical contact cleaner at Walmart or an auto parts store. It's usually in a spray can with a small, thin attachable plastic tube for spraying. Use just a bit, don't overspray! You will probably get more suggestions from others.

09-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #2813
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,195
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
You can find electrical contact cleaner at Walmart or an auto parts store. It's usually in a spray can with a small, thin attachable plastic tube for spraying. Use just a bit, don't overspray! You will probably get more suggestions from others.
Ok , thanks : )
09-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #2814
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2019
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 301
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
My trusty super is not letting me set the aperture or shutter speed with the thumb dial, in Av , not working for shutter speed in M either .I’m worried.
I could fix the issue with auto part contact spray too, though I didn't dare to spray directly into the slot. Instead I sprayed some into a plastic bottle cap and applied a droplet with a toothpick, then turned the wheel a few times. As this didn't help at first I applied a droplet of high percentace alcohol (over 70%) too to help distributing the viscous contact agent, turned again and the wheel was back to life
09-11-2021, 12:40 PM   #2815
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,499
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Simon K Quote
I could fix the issue with auto part contact spray too, though I didn't dare to spray directly into the slot. Instead I sprayed some into a plastic bottle cap and applied a droplet with a toothpick, then turned the wheel a few times. As this didn't help at first I applied a droplet of high percentace alcohol (over 70%) too to help distributing the viscous contact agent, turned again and the wheel was back to life
This is probably a safer approach. I was able to direct a short, quick burst to the wheel assembly (and got away with it!), but your method is preferable IMO.

Last edited by paulh; 09-11-2021 at 12:52 PM.
09-11-2021, 12:59 PM   #2816
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2019
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 301
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
This is probably a safer approach. I was able to direct a short, quick spray to the wheel assembly (and got away with it!), but your method is preferable IMO.
I think it depends on the diameter of the nozzle. The can I had on hand really sprayed abundantly.
09-11-2021, 01:06 PM   #2817
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,195
QuoteOriginally posted by Simon K Quote
I think it depends on the diameter of the nozzle. The can I had on hand really sprayed abundantly.
I think I will try the droplet method first , and what about vodka ?
Take a shot first and use the leftover on a toothpick ,… into the wheel ?

Maybe have a shot afterwards , just in case … for good luck ?
: )
09-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #2818
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2019
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 301
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
I think I will try the droplet method first , and what about vodka ?Take a shot first and use the leftover on a toothpick ,… into the wheel ?Maybe have a shot afterwards , just in case … for good luck ?: )
Just make sure the alcohol is above 70% so it doesn't contain a large amount of water and make sure there is no sugar in it if you prefer to use booze on the wheel
09-11-2021, 01:50 PM - 2 Likes   #2819
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,195
QuoteOriginally posted by Simon K Quote
Just make sure the alcohol is above 70% so it doesn't contain a large amount of water and make sure there is no sugar in it if you prefer to use booze on the wheel
How can I tell if there is sugar in it ?
I have this I use — just for homeopathic tinctures , herbs , etc ( really , other than this I don’t drink … but ,,, now I think about it … I do use a lot of tinctures ….. )
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 
09-11-2021, 01:59 PM   #2820
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2019
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 301
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
How can I tell if there is sugar in it ?
It usually is written on the label if it's pure but at 95% it sure will be. Proceed!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
*ist, 16mm, camera, color, crop, dslr, flickr, gx-1s, images, istd, k10d, lens, models, night, package, paul, pentax, photography, picture, pm, post, pp, series, shot, smc pentax, vs, zenitar
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
24 megapixel vs 16 megapixel image quality for macros Renato Pentax K-3 & K-3 II 40 10-01-2020 01:54 PM
41 Megapixel Nokia 808 smartphone camera falconeye Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 375 09-03-2020 10:27 PM
Phase One 100 Megapixel? K57XR Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 2 01-17-2016 06:59 PM
Samsung said to soon introduce 14.6-megapixel CMOS image sensor. What does it mean? ogl Pentax News and Rumors 13 05-22-2008 05:21 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top