Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote
Fall colors in the park this evening:
QuoteOriginally posted by vinni Quote
Below one of my favourites that I took with this camera
QuoteOriginally posted by robysue Quote
I have no intention of completely retiring my K-100D.
Wonderful images everyone! Thanks for keeping the thread going & hope to see more soon

12-20-2019, 06:17 PM   #1037
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Although I've got a K-3 coming, I have no intention of completely retiring my K-100D. Thought I'd post a couple of pictures I took with the K-100D this summer when my husband I did some camping at Watkins Glen State Park. Watkins Glen is a step, short gorge with lots of waterfalls that flows into the southern end of Seneca Lake.

The gorge trail, which usually has heavy pedestrian traffic, goes right along the river and there are a couple of stone arch bridges that pass over the river. Both photos were taken on the gorge trail.
That place looks absolutely magical. Not sure I will ever find my way up in that area, but if I did I'd visit.
12-20-2019, 08:57 PM - 4 Likes   #1038
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Wonderful images everyone! Thanks for keeping the thread going & hope to see more soon
This thread was the reason I got an *ist DL, and then subsequently got me into trying other older gems - so thank you for that

Tonight at the San Antonio Zoo. Still with my cheapo nifty fifty. All ISO 400 and F2.

12-21-2019, 02:50 AM - 2 Likes   #1039
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I wasn't getting much use out of my DL2, so I donated it to the charity I volunteer for to sell on to a new home. It came down to a tossup between keeping the DL2 or the Samsung GX-10 version of the K10D, and even though I think the DL2 actually has the better colour rendering of the two I decided to keep the GX-10. In fact, given the choice between the GX-10 and pretty much any other camera in existence, I'd choose the GX-10 (or its K10D doppelganger).

I'll still be following this thread and loving the photos though.

12-21-2019, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #1040

Found out about this thread a month or two back from a YouTube video, the author of which posted his pictures here. I became kind of fascinated after a little research and decided to bid on one from eBay.

It’s an istDL and itll be arriving after Christmas $48 dollars before shipping, 18-55 SMC Pentax DA lens included. Can’t wait to take photos with it. It won’t be my only DSLR but it’ll be my first one that I’ll actually own, I also have experienced shooting with and access to a rebel t3i (another great cult classic but not quite vintage yet) and another rebel t3i I may buy off a family member soon. But this one will be for fun and learning to shoot on something other than a t3i or iPhone RAW

I also have a really good brother printer, j870dw that prints excellent photos on glossy paper, I may make the Pentax my dedicated prints camera.

I kind of toyed with the idea of doing a prints only shoot with it, where I shoot then go print, make sure it looks good then delete my digital originals making those shots unique in a way that the prints are the only ones that exist. But I’ll post some shots here once I get settled in with it. I hear eneloop pro rechargeable batteries work fine with the camera, so I may be picking up a set with charger and a backup set in case I do lots of shooting while I’m out or something.
12-21-2019, 02:46 PM - 5 Likes   #1041

When my mother-in-law died in September we brought her cyclamen home with us. It's now blooming. And I thought I'd take a photo of it with the K-100D:

12-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #1042
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chrisworld Quote
It’s an istDL and itll be arriving after Christmas $48 dollars before shipping, 18-55 SMC Pentax DA lens included. Can’t wait to take photos with it.

I kind of toyed with the idea of doing a prints only shoot with it, where I shoot then go print, make sure it looks good then delete my digital originals making those shots unique in a way that the prints are the only ones that exist. But I’ll post some shots here once I get settled in with it. I hear eneloop pro rechargeable batteries work fine with the camera, so I may be picking up a set with charger and a backup set in case I do lots of shooting while I’m out or something.
Interesting concept - a "prints-only" camera ... personally, I'd be wary of the longevity of the prints and hang on to the digital files in case I want to replicate them

Eneloops are totally reliable in my *ist cameras, also to be considered are Panasonic Ni-MH batteries labelled HHR-3MVE. Again totally reliable in the camera, in my experience, but only hold their charge for a few months rather than the very many months for the eneloops!

Enjoy

12-21-2019, 07:06 PM - 2 Likes   #1043
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
M35-70/2.8-3.5 on *ist D:

Image 28/2.8 on *ist D.

Last edited by paulh; 12-21-2019 at 07:31 PM.
12-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #1044

QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Interesting concept - a "prints-only" camera ... personally, I'd be wary of the longevity of the prints and hang on to the digital files in case I want to replicate them

Eneloops are totally reliable in my *ist cameras, also to be considered are Panasonic Ni-MH batteries labelled HHR-3MVE. Again totally reliable in the camera, in my experience, but only hold their charge for a few months rather than the very many months for the eneloops!

Enjoy
You bring up a good point about longevity. I wouldn’t do this with the whole camera, just a random set I decide to shoot. But you’re still right, there are too many variables with ink/photo paper. I may test the waters at Places like rite aid or Walgreens, usually their quality is a bit better than doing it at home with an ink jet, though I’d imagine other than commercial on expensive equipment it’s probably not a far off concept from a consumer inkjet at home.

Can’t wait for my ist to show up!
12-22-2019, 03:46 PM - 3 Likes   #1045
dbs
Pentaxian

F 35 - 105 on K100D Super

Best laid plans.......well...

12-22-2019, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #1046
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
+1 for the Eneloops. I've also had good luck with rechargeable Duracells. I even have a couple sets of Rayovacs I've been using in my original *ist D since 2010!
12-23-2019, 12:54 PM - 6 Likes   #1047

I'm in the middle of a large photo project right now and I rediscovered some insect shots from my K-100D that I was really happy with back when I took them. They were literally hidden away on a different computer and I'd forgotten about these.

Hope you all enjoy them.

12-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #1048
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm in the middle of a large photo project right now and I rediscovered some insect shots from my K-100D that I was really happy with back when I took them. They were literally hidden away on a different computer and I'd forgotten about these.

Hope you all enjoy them.

Nice shots. I miss my K100D Super.
12-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #1049
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
F 35 - 105 on K100D Super
Best laid plans.......well...
Ah... that specific sky colour and pixel rendering - it's a sort of art. Difficult (if not impossible) to completely mimic digitally.
And not so easy to see slightly missed focus on 6 Mpx images.
12-25-2019, 11:28 PM   #1050
dbs
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hjortron Quote
Ah... that specific sky colour and pixel rendering - it's a sort of art. Difficult (if not impossible) to completely mimic digitally.
And not so easy to see slightly missed focus on 6 Mpx images.
Hi
The sky colour from this lens is a bit subdude compared to my DA 16 - 45 with the same camera and time of day.
The sky was a lot ' bluer ' in person.
Focus with me is always a lottery.

Dave