Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #1

IR Help

I just upgraded my k100d to K20d.
Since the k100d can only be able to sell at a relatively low price. So, i think it's better to diy to mod my k100d to shoot ir?

however, i only found below page which mention about ist*.
How about the k100d to shoot ir?

pls advice.

diglloyd: Digital Infrared Overview

08-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are a zillion threads for Infrared, unfortunately the forum won't allow searching for just two letters like "IR". You can search for "infrared" and HOPE someone spelled out the name.

Here are some IR threads I posted in this year:

Infrared Photography with a non-converted K10D

K100D Infrared Converted!

Need a IR for your Kxxxx, have a PPC...

K100D IR conversion

IR eith Pentax slr

IR photography

There are many more from last year when I did my conversion.

I have not looked to see which are best for your question. I know I discussed my filterless K110D. I had to have the camera repaired after I removed the filter. Another fellow discussed how his daughter's K100D did not work after conversion. Others mentioned people who will do conversions for Pentax, something I could not find when I did mine.

Breaking the door open switch happened to at least 2 people, one thread discusses how to disable the switch from the service menu EVEN IF YOU ALREADY BROKE IT! I wish I knew that before spending $212 on repairs.

Once you successfully remove the internal filter, the camera is about 100x faster. With a Hoya 720 filter on my Sigma manual zoom I take handheld photos at 1/1000 second and faster in Sunlight.