Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2017, 08:25 PM - 4 Likes   #1
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 7
A new "member" of my Pentax family

I decided to add the Pentax KS2 to my Pentax DSLR family. I am loving the KS2. I wonder how the KS2 will perform with a 150-450mm DFA lens? Hmm...


[IMG][/IMG]

06-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter
seagas's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SWFL most of the year other wise NEWI
Photos: Albums
Posts: 71
Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions on how it compares to your others
06-19-2017, 02:00 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,038
Shoot with 1 Pentax camera and you are a Jedi
Shoot with 2 Pentax cameras and you are a Master Jedi
Shoot with 3 Pentax cameras and you are a Great Master Jedi.

Enjoy your weapons. You are new to the Pentax clan and yet, you are now a Great Master Jedi. You should stop at 3 pauare67. If you shoot with 4 you will turn to the dark side.

Last edited by totsmuyco; 06-19-2017 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Added to the message
06-19-2017, 07:29 AM   #4
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 38
QuoteOriginally posted by pauare67 Quote
I decided to add the Pentax KS2 to my Pentax DSLR family. I am loving the KS2. I wonder how the KS2 will perform with a 150-450mm DFA lens? Hmm...


[/URL][/IMG]
Mine often pairs with the DFA 150-450mm. And they're quite a happy item. Love the chunkily compact Ks-2 too.

06-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #5
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 531
What are the three lenses shown in the photo?
06-19-2017, 11:07 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,334
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
What are the three lenses shown in the photo?
Because a camera without a lens is a naked camera!
They dressed up for the photo.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 06-19-2017 at 11:12 AM.
06-19-2017, 11:53 AM   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pretoria
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 104
I am sorta, kinda thinking about getting a KS2 but the lack of an LCD on the top plate is holding me back. I have gotten used to glancing at it to check aperture, shutter speed, compensation, etc. It would be nice to hear from owners if this is an issue or if the rear screen and viewfinder fills in the gap.
06-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #8
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Lansing, MI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 400
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I am sorta, kinda thinking about getting a KS2 but the lack of an LCD on the top plate is holding me back. I have gotten used to glancing at it to check aperture, shutter speed, compensation, etc. It would be nice to hear from owners if this is an issue or if the rear screen and viewfinder fills in the gap.
On the K-S1, aperture, shutter speed, and compensation are displayed on the bottom of the viewfinder. I assume the K-S2 is pretty similar.

06-19-2017, 12:38 PM   #9
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 531
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Because a camera without a lens is a naked camera!
They dressed up for the photo.
No, I mean, what lenses are they?
06-19-2017, 02:23 PM   #10
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mazowsze
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 87
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
if this is an issue or if the rear screen and viewfinder fills in the gap
Actually I wonder what top display is for But seriously: I have never missed it. I can see aperture, shutter speed, and other stuff in the viewfinder (most common scenario), or on rear screen. Rear screen is not fixed, so it's very convenient and you can set it in virtually any position - this PF review shows good example.
06-19-2017, 03:26 PM   #11
Site Supporter
seagas's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SWFL most of the year other wise NEWI
Photos: Albums
Posts: 71
QuoteOriginally posted by pentageek Quote
Actually I wonder what top display is for But seriously: I have never missed it. I can see aperture, shutter speed, and other stuff in the viewfinder (most common scenario), or on rear screen. Rear screen is not fixed, so it's very convenient and you can set it in virtually any position - this PF review shows good example.
I will second this, it's been my experience that the only time the top plate LCD readout comes in use is when I'm shooting from a tripod with remote. With the flippy screen it's quite easy to aim at a convenient angle to see the readout. In normal shooting, all the info I need is in the OFV or a quick glance to the back.

---------- Post added 06-19-17 at 03:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
No, I mean, what lenses are they?
Shhh, he could tell you, but then he would have to kill you, LOL
06-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #12
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 7
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seagas Quote
I will second this, it's been my experience that the only time the top plate LCD readout comes in use is when I'm shooting from a tripod with remote. With the flippy screen it's quite easy to aim at a convenient angle to see the readout. In normal shooting, all the info I need is in the OFV or a quick glance to the back.

---------- Post added 06-19-17 at 03:29 PM ----------



Shhh, he could tell you, but then he would have to kill you, LOL
The photo shows the K-1 with the DFA 28-105mm, the KS2 with the DA 55-30mm, the K-3II with the DFA 150-450mm.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, family, ks2, pentax, photography, readout, screen
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new family member enoeske Welcomes and Introductions 14 11-15-2015 02:33 AM
Hi Pentax Lovers! New member of your Pentax family :) BrunoEVT Welcomes and Introductions 3 09-15-2015 11:55 AM
Is this the Danish Royal Family, The Addams Family or perhaps The Omen? MRRiley General Talk 13 11-28-2013 10:06 AM
Don't say Pentax "Q" in French ... "Q" = "cul" = "A--" Jean Poitiers Pentax Q 52 11-10-2013 06:25 AM
Large family (25+) and Single Family recommendations Barthros Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 5 10-04-2013 10:05 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top