Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2017, 04:45 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyG. Quote
The K-3ii is not compact, neither is k-5. I think the in their place you should choose the KP and K-70. Canon EOS SL1 would have been great addition too. But it's simply my opinion. And the rest I agree with you.
I had a K-S1 before I drowned it, but my guess is that it would be second only to that Canon as the smallest DSLR you can buy.

06-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by talgarik Quote
when you put build quality into the equation Pentax wins hands down, with Pentax you can get a friendly price, compactness and a build quality which rivals a 5D series
Yes exactly! Even for the same money as their competition, Pentax is still better. Pentax K-S2 price is same as Canon 750D but it's much better than the Canon 77D above it. It comes close to the Canon 80D.

---------- Post added 06-26-17 at 12:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I had a K-S1 before I drowned it, but my guess is that it would be second only to that Canon as the smallest DSLR you can buy.
Other than the lights, K-S1 isn't much of a head Turner. It's the K-S2 that really shines bright. But it's more compact more compact than the K-S2. And yeah the Canon is the most compact DSLR. And it's price is 535$. For that price I can get a new K-S2 paired with an old and used lens. Although Canon is going to release Canon SL1 Mark II very soon.