Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #1

IMAGE Transmitter 2 on Mac over Wifi? Is this possible?

Hello

I am missing a feature with my K-1

With my iPhone or iPad and the App "Image Sync" I can connect and control my K-1 over WiFi

With my Mac and IMAGE Transmitter 2, I can connect and control my K-1 over USB2 Cable

Is their a way to use "IMAGE Transmitter 2" over WiFi. I have an WiFi Network with 1000Mbit/s. I don't know what the max speed of the WiFi K-1 could be?

I was surprised that the K-1 has only USB2 connection while the K-3 works with USB3 connection. USB2 has as maximum 480Mbit/s while USB3 has up to 5Gbit/s. Why has Ricoh not using an USB3 on the K-1 while the size of the Pictures is nearly twice as large as on the K-3 ?!?

Is their a way to make a virtual WifI driver over USB? I wasn't able to connect with my Mac over WiFi to the K-1. What is blocking it? because my iphone can connect directly to the K-1 over WiFi

Regards
Gérard

07-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gerard_Dirks Quote
I was surprised that the K-1 has only USB2 connection while the K-3 works with USB3 connection. USB2 has as maximum 480Mbit/s while USB3 has up to 5Gbit/s. Why has Ricoh not using an USB3 on the K-1 while the size of the Pictures is nearly twice as large as on the K-3 ?!?
Probably because they started developing it earlier- and the difference in speed is certainly appreciable. Still, USB2 is much faster than what the camera's Wi-Fi can do, so ultimately I'd say keeping the wire is the way to go for now.

IT2 tethering is designed to be wired only. The easiest workaround would probably be to run Image Sync via an android emulator. There are also some user-developed windows applications that can work on a PC, not sure how easy a mac port would be.

K-S2 wifi with laptop? - Page 4 - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-30-2018, 07:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gerard_Dirks Quote
  1. Is their a way to use "IMAGE Transmitter 2" over WiFi?
  2. Why has Ricoh not using an USB3 on the K-1 while the size of the Pictures is nearly twice as large as on the K-3 ?!?
  3. Is their a way to make a virtual WifI driver over USB?
  4. I wasn't able to connect with my Mac over WiFi to the K-1. What is blocking it? because my iphone can connect directly to the K-1 over WiFi
  1. No.
  2. Higher license fees and developments cost i guess.
  3. No.
  4. Maybe you're not using the right software to connect to the K-1
Take a look here:
PC Desktop tethering K-1 via WLAN works well - PentaxForums.com