Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
07-17-2017, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

I'm not sure that the K100d and K110d can be considered descendants of the K10d.

First of all, I may be mistaken, but I believe that the K100d was released first.

Secondly, the K100d and K110d did not have the electrical contacts to allow use of SDM lenses. The K10d did. The K100d Super added those contacts.

The K100d/K110d used a 6MP sensor, while the K10d is 10MP.

I don't believe that the K110d was named to avoid confusion with the K1000 film camera. The K100d and K110d were released at the same time. The K100d has shake reduction, while the K110d does not. It turns out that they couldn't give the K110d away, so Pentax has never made another camera without SR. I tried to find one on ebay, with no luck. There really aren't many of them out there.

The K110d is definitely not a descendant of the K100d. More like a sibling. They were introduced simulateously.

It is an impressive effort.

07-17-2017, 01:12 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
The K100d has shake reduction, while the K110d does not. It turns out that they couldn't give the K110d away, so Pentax has never made another camera without SR. I tried to find one on ebay, with no luck. There really aren't many of them out there.

Ummmmm. I actually purchased a K110D, so I guess I missed their 'give-away' program.

I couldn't afford the K100D and as you stated, other than SR, they are the same camera. It was an outstanding value and now knowing so few were sold, I will not sell my minty and fully operational unit. It will remain in my collection as it appreciates and will be bequeathed to my family when I pass in lieu of my retirement $$$, which I will be able to spend freely and in good conscience knowing they will be financially well-off when inheriting the highly collectible and sought after K110D.
07-18-2017, 07:13 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
I'm not sure that the K100d and K110d can be considered descendants of the K10d.

First of all, I may be mistaken, but I believe that the K100d was released first.

Secondly, the K100d and K110d did not have the electrical contacts to allow use of SDM lenses. The K10d did. The K100d Super added those contacts.

The K100d/K110d used a 6MP sensor, while the K10d is 10MP.

I don't believe that the K110d was named to avoid confusion with the K1000 film camera. The K100d and K110d were released at the same time. The K100d has shake reduction, while the K110d does not. It turns out that they couldn't give the K110d away, so Pentax has never made another camera without SR. I tried to find one on ebay, with no luck. There really aren't many of them out there.

The K110d is definitely not a descendant of the K100d. More like a sibling. They were introduced simulateously.

It is an impressive effort.
Thanks for your comment.

Your comment is correct. I have created two genealogy diagrams. "Series" represents motifs of model names, and "specs" show genealogies of models. That is, "spec" is the main genealogy diagram.

I also think that K100D and K110D are brothers like you are thinking, and this brother is not considered a child of K10D. Also written on the left side of genealogy chart, K100D is on May, K110D is on Aug, K10D is on Nov. It is a child of * istDL2. Manufacturers also answer in an interview as follows. "The basic part is common with *istDL 2"

When writing this brother to the genealogy chart, it may have been good to put it in one square like K - 5 II and K - 5 IIs. (This can also be said for K - 50 and K - 500)

Releases a version that reflects comments received nearby.
07-21-2017, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #19

Original Poster
New version (Ver 5.0)

Thanks to the comments on this forum and Twitter, I was able to release a new version.
I thank a lot of people who gave me comments.

[Large Image]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFLspnwUAAIrdX8.jpg:orig

[Change]
- Integrated "SPEC" and "SERIES"
- I narrowed the target to 645 and K mount. (Omit the Q series)
- Color coding with combination of image processing engine and sensor
- Classified APS-C into "Adv", "Mid" and "Entry".
- A prototype of 645D was posted.
* Every generation, 645 was made! Awesome obsession. For the design plan in 2005, B is MZ-S, C is based on * istD.
- I compiled my brothers into one box. (K100D & K110D, K-50 & K-500)
- Organize K200D as a child of K10D
- Designer's models K-01 and K-S1 are categorized into the new category "Design".
- KP was positioned between K-3II and K-70.

Attached Images