Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2017, 04:05 AM   #1

about the angle finder for pentax

Dear all

many peoples taking photo through the optical viewfinder . It's not easy to see the information inside the finder. I heard the angle finder use to take photo in lower angle, eg.seagull, neewer.. Can anyone give me some suggestion or solution? Thanks all

07-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I believe as far as Pentax goes, only the really expensive (to me, anyway) Pentax Refconverter A right-angle viewfinder provides a full view of the VF. I purchased and absolutely love the OLYMPUS OM System 1.2X - 2.5X right angle VARIMAGNI viewfinder. It is a right-angle / magnifier and has a lever for quickly switching between 1.2X and 2.5X magnification. Fits the Pentax K VF eyepiece (works on my K3, K500 digital cameras and my film cameras (K1000, K2, Super-A, Spotmatic F, etc). At 1.2X setting it really aids in focusing and does not block the VF information. They're not very expensive at all.
07-16-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My experience with a Seagull was that less of the information was viewable. If the angle finder magnifies the view you will lose the edges
07-16-2017, 09:37 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Seagull version I have switches between 1x and 2x views. 1x shows the full viewfinder with all the info. 2x cuts of all but the top part of the top line of viewfinder info.

07-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #5

The Segull 1-3.25× angle finder gets a favorable review here by a Pentax owner. No mention of cutoff in the 1× mode. Since these are made for DSLRs I suspect there is no cutoff at 1 power. You could always PM the OP of the thread and ask, that is if the poster is still active to reply.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/115-pentax-k-5/234222-dreaded-seagull-1x...le-finder.html