Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2017, 08:52 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KevinMoss Quote
Hello everybody, I´m about to buy the Pentax K-3 ii but I just found out that the camera is a little bit old,
Does that mean that it´s time for a new Pentax K-3 iii?
Thanks!
You can still buy a new K-3ii

Joking aside, in your position I would probably wait to see what the K-3ii replacement is and do a comparison - including price. Usually when the new camera is released, the predecessor drops in price, so there may well be further savings if you wait - or a better camera if your budget is big enough.

I have the K-3ii and am very happy with it, however if the replacement has bigger buffer, better video, better autofocus, tilt rear screen, the K-1 top dials, higher iso capability, then I would certainly give it consideration.

07-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KevinMoss Quote
Thanks yáll !
Well, I can live with my Pentax K-50 for another 6 months I guess...
Good choice. Like already stated, Pentax might be releasing the K-3II replacement sometime in the future. Whether it will be later this year or sometime next year is still unknown. The one thing that some users & reviewers have been complaining about is AF performance, particularly in the AF tracking aspect. Hopefully Pentax has listened & has made progress in that area.

If there are any K-3II models left over after that next gen APS-C flagship comes out, more than likely retailers will blow them off the shelves at ridiculously low prices or with some good freebies. The overall performance of the K-3II is still far better than the K-50, so you can't really lose. Better IBIS, better AF, more viewfinder magnification, & other features that make it easier to get the shots you want.
07-17-2017, 03:45 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Are they going to? Yes. When? Nobody knows, except Ricoh.
07-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ronniemac Quote
the K-1 top dials
I wish to differ on this one, for the K-3 replacement, prefer the dials as is with the large top lcd

07-17-2017, 05:41 PM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I´m going to think about it, the fact that i´m an underage student limits a little bit the price, I still prefer the K-3ii over the KP tho.
I love shooting at night, my those 8.3fps really caught my attention, I´m still deciding.
Anyways, if Pnetax doesn´t announce something in 3 months I think that I´m going to buy a new lens, I still prefer lenses over cameras, the best thing is that they will fit my future camera.
07-18-2017, 01:21 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ronniemac Quote
You can still buy a new K-3ii

Joking aside, in your position I would probably wait to see what the K-3ii replacement is and do a comparison - including price. Usually when the new camera is released, the predecessor drops in price, so there may well be further savings if you wait - or a better camera if your budget is big enough.

I have the K-3ii and am very happy with it, however if the replacement has bigger buffer, better video, better autofocus, tilt rear screen, the K-1 top dials, higher iso capability, then I would certainly give it consideration.
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
I wish to differ on this one, for the K-3 replacement, prefer the dials as is with the large top lcd
I have the K-1 and the K-3, and I don't find that I miss the bigger top LCD from the K-3, K-5 or K20D. On the other hand, I find the extra dials quite handy.
07-18-2017, 06:45 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes! Big LCD was nice but the extra dials are wonderful. I have not missed the larger lcd at all.

07-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #23
Forum Member

Still have my K3 which I bought with heavy discount when the K3ii came out. It is still a better camera than my skill level. As you said it is also worthwhile investing in good glass, which I've done with no regrets 😏