Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2017, 05:44 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kupernikos Quote
Yeah, it is supposed to be a pro- or advanced photographer's camera but it's acting like a first timer's guiding camera:
"WARNING, BLINKING, YOUR SHUTTER SPEED IS BELOW 1/30, USE FLASH, WARNING, BLINKING..."
Okay, I'll get used to it. I'll have to because I love about everything else in this camera. Sorry to bother you guys
I will look into this with my K5 later today and will post what I find here. What you described doesn't sound right to me.

09-04-2017, 07:39 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Congratulations and good luck with the camera! The K-5 is a very capable camera indeed!
I used to shoot with one for a couple of years. Have no recollection of warnings like that or lights blinking. Pretty sure it can be switched off somewhere in the menus.
Btw, where did you buy it from? Top Shot, Telefoto or somewhere else?
09-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Just forget about it - I was hoping some firmware update or hidden setting or such for the blinking, but there is none.
After hard googling I should have found the solution (and I am not the only one who is bothered by it).
My K-5 works very well, it's like new and bought straight from the first owner.

I haven't been using my 28mm lenses because I don't like the focal length on full frame.
Yesterday I anyhow fixed a worn Kiron 28mm 2.8 and by a quick test I found it very nice on Pentax.
I'm happy to have my old 28mm's to use
Look at the bokeh Kiron does:

Overall I'm very happy with the image quality of K-5, especially colours look very good!
09-05-2017, 05:37 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's definitely in capable hands, great shots.

FYI, mine only blinks when the lens cap is on.