Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #1

Old 50mm A Manual Focus

Posted in lens forum as well, could go either way!

I have an old 50mm 1:1.4 Pentax-A manual focus prime. Am I to undererstand that if MF is NOT selected on the camera (K100D), that the shutter will not fire unless focus is achieved? Additionally, if MF IS selected the shutter WILL fire regardless of focus setting, and either mode will offer the "in focus" indicator in the viewfinder along with Beep if activated? So it is not necessary to switch to MF on the camera as long as the camera focus point can be satisfied?

I also find no mention of whether the lens will function properly in Auto Pict and P modes, just Tv, Av and M modes. I have used the lens in Auto Pict and P modes with apparantly correct exposure in various lighting conditions.

In short, it seems that the lens works exactly like the kit 18-55 exposure wise with the obvious exception of Auto Focus.

I also think there may be issues with flash as well (A lens only).

While I understand this is explained in detail in the manual, my old thick skull can't seem to decipher it to my satisfaction.

Any light that can be shed will be greatly appreciated!

Dan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Dan,

Since someone has already replied to the other thread, let's make all future replies go in there as well!

If you'd like to reply to this thread, please post here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/349-old-pentax-50mm-prime.html

Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread