Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
Ed in GA

Rebate limitations

On the new rebate form (it was on the old one as well) is the statement "Limitations: Five rebates per household."

What I'm wondering is....

Does this mean a limitation of five for this particular promotion or, does it mean that you can only get a total of five rebates period. Without regard to the particular promotion?

I just prepared the form for the DA 16-45 which is my fifth rebate request. Three during the "Holiday Essential" rebate and now two for the "Buy More, Save More rebate."

Anyone know the answer to this?

02-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No I don't know the answer to this question. I *think* it is a limit on each separate rebate offering/time period. I hope so anyway. I am sending off for my 4th rebate tomorrow, my other 3 were from the last promotion period. I will be interested to hear if anyone has the straight scoop on this question.
02-20-2007, 03:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I have no idea, but would guess it means a maximum of five rebate items per rebate form submitted.

My reasoning for thinking this: Pentax should want consumers to buy lots of lenses, thus a rebate program is an incentive. Over the life of the rebate program, they should want you, the individual, to purchase as many lenses as you can afford. Maybe even more than you can afford.

What they don't want is someone buying 40 or 50 lenses at one time for the sole purpose of immediately selling those lenses at full retail or higher, on ebay ("NEW IN BOX, NEVER OPENED!!!") or elsewhere and pocketing the rebate as their profit.

But I could be wrong.
02-20-2007, 08:36 AM   #4
Ed in GA

And, the answer is.....

I called Pentax Imaging, Customer Service in Golden Colorado this morning and spoke with a gentleman named "Joe".

According to Joe, The five rebate limitation is per rebate offer and not a lifetime limitation.

Good to know that.

02-20-2007, 08:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Good info, Eddy. I was wondering the same thing.

BTW, don't you know how fast those gators move? I saw your shot taken at Savannah River of the alligator, taken at something like 100mm focal length. I tend to give them more leeway than that! NIce shot, BTW.
02-20-2007, 09:18 AM   #6
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Good info, Eddy. I was wondering the same thing.

BTW, don't you know how fast those gators move? I saw your shot taken at Savannah River of the alligator, taken at something like 100mm focal length. I tend to give them more leeway than that! NIce shot, BTW.
The gator was just off the road and I was comfortably inside my truck taking that shot through the open window.

I give them a lot of room as well.

Glad you liked the shot.
02-20-2007, 11:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote
The gator was just off the road and I was comfortably inside my truck taking that shot through the open window.

I give them a lot of room as well.

Glad you liked the shot.
Good idea Eddy. We want to keep you around and not as some gator's lunch!
Thanks for posting the clarification on the rebate Eddy.