Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you live in the southern part of Sweden, you can pick up a used K-5ii in Copenhagen, 4500dkk (5800SEK).
Pentax, K5II, Perfekt ? dba.dk ? Køb og Salg af Nyt og Brugt

08-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DrawsACircle Quote
If you live in the southern part of Sweden, you can pick up a used K-5ii in Copenhagen, 4500dkk (5800SEK).
Pentax, K5II, Perfekt ? dba.dk ? Køb og Salg af Nyt og Brugt
Hisingen-Goteborg so Copenhagen is def within easy reach, thanks
08-07-2017, 02:14 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you have an 18-135 you are pretty much set. Some people have traded in their 18-135s for a 16085. Not me. The reach is worth more to me than the wide end. It's fast focusing DC motor makes it one of the fastest focusing Pentax lenses out there, much faster than any SDM motor. My first choices after the 18-135 would be the 15 ltd, 21 ltd and 40 XS and possibly a 50 1.7 for low light situations, and a 55-300 for telephoto.

With those lenses as your long range plan you should be set for quite a while with a K-5II.
08-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #19
Pentaxian

To the people who say the 16-45mm is not up to the K-3 sensor - are you talking from experience? Because I use it on my K-S1 (20MP) and it's fine. Sharp enough. The extreme corners aren't up for pixel peeping but that's usually true of any zoom, I'm pretty sure the 18-135mm won't do better.

The body suggestion would depend on budget, but if the budget is there for a K-3, that's probably the best bet - unless low light performance is needed and the budget is there for the KP, which does have a significant improvement over the K-3 in that area.

You might as well buy a K200D or K10D on the side, to use just in case you miss the wonderful CCD sensor colors I bought a K10D last year and I use it more than my K-S1...

08-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
To the people who say the 16-45mm is not up to the K-3 sensor - are you talking from experience? Because I use it on my K-S1 (20MP) and it's fine. Sharp enough. The extreme corners aren't up for pixel peeping but that's usually true of any zoom, I'm pretty sure the 18-135mm won't do better.

The body suggestion would depend on budget, but if the budget is there for a K-3, that's probably the best bet - unless low light performance is needed and the budget is there for the KP, which does have a significant improvement over the K-3 in that area.

You might as well buy a K200D or K10D on the side, to use just in case you miss the wonderful CCD sensor colors I bought a K10D last year and I use it more than my K-S1...
As for the CCD it's all i've ever had so is just what I'm used to, I did once a year or two back ask about CCD vs CMOS here and wow, It started a holy war the likes of which has not been seen since the crusades hahahaha...In the end it devolved into super tech types going into all sorts of arcane specs,etc that I didn't recognize the thread in the end heh
08-08-2017, 04:24 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Erikka Quote
As for the CCD it's all i've ever had so is just what I'm used to, I did once a year or two back ask about CCD vs CMOS here and wow, It started a holy war the likes of which has not been seen since the crusades hahahaha...In the end it devolved into super tech types going into all sorts of arcane specs,etc that I didn't recognize the thread in the end heh
Ignore the people who argue just by throwing numbers at you. You will probably get a CMOS camera so you will be able to tell whether you miss the CCD or not... Some people do. Some don't...
If you do, they're cheap enough to get as an impulse buy. And you will probably keep the newer camera for the low light performance and modern featurrs and ability to crop more. That is what I did