Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2006, 01:20 PM   #1

K100 Screen Protector

Anyone aware of such a beast? I am talking about the kind that flips down/up, and also acts as a sun shade. I have seen them for Fuji P&S models but not Pentax SLRs.

Tried the Palm Pilot plastic thingies cut to size, but really need something to keep the nose oils off the screen. Don't mean to be gross here, but you "left eyers" know what I am talking about!
HELP, please!

Dan

10-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #2

Dan,

Maybe you are referring to the Delkin.com eFILM cover?

There is one for the iSTDS called DPISTDS-S and maybe one for the K100D forthcoming. Maybe check out their site or email them and I am sure they will get back to you.

I bought the Nikon DK-21M magnifying eyepiece for my Ds and it was a snug fit but now keeps my face off the LCD display. The only downfall is that I cannot see my settings in bright sun so I have to look at the top display. The magnifying part helps me too and it was only around $30CDN which was cheap.

-Jeff
10-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I saw one of those fold down shade gizmos at Wolf.
02-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
smf
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Leaton, thanks for the information, but would you please add enough information to help me find Wolf? I'm unfamiliar with that vendor. Thanks very much.

02-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
Leaton, thanks for the information, but would you please add enough information to help me find Wolf? I'm unfamiliar with that vendor. Thanks very much.
Delkin Digital Camera LCD Pop-up Shade, 2.5" Black - Wal-Mart this work?

my local wally world even carries them..
02-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxDan Quote
Anyone aware of such a beast? I am talking about the kind that flips down/up, and also acts as a sun shade. I have seen them for Fuji P&S models but not Pentax SLRs.

Tried the Palm Pilot plastic thingies cut to size, but really need something to keep the nose oils off the screen. Don't mean to be gross here, but you "left eyers" know what I am talking about!
HELP, please!

Dan
I believe the Delkin is available at Wal Mart - but only in the USA - for around $6.00 delivered. I drove 180 km and found one for $25 in London Drugs, Lethbridge, Alberta. Walmart in Canada (or at least in Lethbridge and on line) doesn't carry much photo gear. It looks exactly what I wanted, and is generic for 2.5" LCD's. It goes on very easily, even with my shaky old hands, and works perfectly.

Last edited by Canada_Rockies; 02-21-2008 at 09:31 PM.
02-25-2008, 08:42 AM   #7
smf
Loyal Site Supporter

I am not a Wal-Mart customer, so I used Google to search for the product. I came across reviews — some not positive — and a suggested alternative to this product at this url:
Amazon.com: Delkin Pop-up Shade Fits 2.5LCD Block Glare & Protect LCD Stick: Camera & Photo

I'm not positive the product reviewed at the amazon url is the same product reviewed at this pentaxforums site. And I am not trying to diminish the importance of the positive reviews posted here at pentaxforums. I'm merely trying to offer additional help.

Also, the Wal-Mart website allows the user to learn whether the product is available at a nearby Wal-Mart store. It wasn't available within 100 miles of my ZIp C ode, according to the Wal-Mart search results. And at least one reviewer suggested looking at the product before buying it.

Some users apparently have found the product's viewing surface to be too shiny.

Thanks very much from this new user of the pentaxforums site to all who have been helping me by posting in various threads.
smf