Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2019, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #61
Pentaxian

Late to the scene, but something I mentioned in another thread:

You can buy large diameter silicone rubber "O" rings to fit over the rear of lens bodies before you fit them to the camera bodies - as long as they are a reasonably snug fit on the lens bodies then they contract nicely over the joint between the lens and the bodies and help to stop water from getting in via that route.

Dirt cheap - paid about 99p for 4-5 from China quite recently, and some are always in my camera bags (Lowepro Hatchpack 22 AW or 350AW as appropriate to the day) when the weather looks "uncertain"

04-23-2021, 02:28 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
(Current) Star★ lenses are always sealed, so in the past they are always WR.
ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/support/Pentax_Ricoh_WR_White_V2%20_2_.pdf
Any updates about these files?
04-23-2021, 06:11 AM   #63
dlhawes

The only surprise in all this is how well the words of wisdom from @SteveBrot have met with such public approbation. "Wisdom" assumed to consist of behavior consistent with the nature of physical and objective reality (as opposed to how one may wish the world might be). What SteveBrot demonstrates is that wishful thinking and marketing hype won't protect your equipment.
05-10-2021, 10:08 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

weather sealing thought

I wonder if we should all consider weather sealing like we should for insurance. You want really good insurance and you know that you'll have to pay for it but what you really want is to never have to use it.

05-14-2021, 07:56 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weather resistance is very important but the care we as photographers provide, is as important, maybe more. I remember carrying my first film SLR while on military maneuvers in a variety of weather conditions and having no problems with the equipment. I also think of the number of military personnel carrying a camera in Vietnam, where a very unfavorable climate exists, not to mention the other conditions. So many of those cameras took some very important and informative photos, with only minimally reported problems, because the owners were careful and protective of them. I had a friend who spent 18 months in Vietnam carrying an old camera from the WWII era and it continued to function perfectly for years after he returned to the states.