Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
HELP: Camera Shutter Lag

Hi guys,

I noticed something strange during my recent trip! My camera is having shutter lag.. I mean when I press the shutter button, there's a delay before the camera shutter moves.. I think more or less a second..

I never had this problem before.. Last time I used it the shutter button and shutter itself don't have delays.. Now it does..

Any idea to fix this up?

Regards,
Jay2

08-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If your using the flash turn off the red-eye reduction.
Otherwise I don't know.
08-20-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Exactly what camera are you using?

CW
08-20-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
Forum Member

Are you using an auto-focus lens? Is the lens auto-focusing correctly?

Have you checked the AF/MF switch on your K100 Super body? Is it possible that the switch is in the MF position?

Or do you have the 2 second timer on?

08-21-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

"Normal" shutter lag is mostly a matter of the time it takes the camera to autofocus. Some scenes take longer to focus than others, some lenses are faster than others, and focus is slower with weaker batteries. So all of those are possibilities.

Beyond that, yes, some flash modes add extra time, and the 2 second timer adds, well, 2 seconds.

You'll have to be more specific about what camera, what lens, whether the flash is up, what modes you are using, etc.
08-21-2008, 02:54 AM   #6

Original Poster
I'm in in M-mode with AF using kit lens.. It's in the midlle of the day and the focus confirm was there.. I didn't use the flash or timer too.. Do you think I should let the service center take a look at my camera body?

By the way, am using a K100D Super. It also happened even if I use my FA 50mm
08-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DJey Quote
I'm in in M-mode with AF using kit lens.. It's in the midlle of the day and the focus confirm was there.. I didn't use the flash or timer too.. Do you think I should let the service center take a look at my camera body?
If you're saying the shutter takes a second to fire after the focus confirm comes on, then yes, that sounds like something is wrong. I'm still at least a little suspicious that there is some other setting we aren't thinking of that is causing this, but I'm stumped.

08-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
It's not "focus trap" is it? i.e. shutter will not fire 'til subject is in focus, I use pre focus method intentionally with manual lenses and fast sports subjects.
08-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

AF with no timer and no flash...
Does the mirror go up once you fully press the shutter and then delay in taking the photo, or do you need to keep the button held down for that second to get it to go up and take the photo?

It's a little wierd...
08-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
AF with no timer and no flash...
Does the mirror go up once you fully press the shutter and then delay in taking the photo, or do you need to keep the button held down for that second to get it to go up and take the photo?

It's a little wierd...
need to keep the button held down for that second to get it to go up and take the photo?