Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
Ed in GA

Funny how things work (DA 16-45)

At noon time today, I went back to a Victorian house I had previously taken a shot of.

The original was with the DA 18-55 and todays was with my recently acquired DA 16-45.

While I could see a marked difference in the lens with the extra 2mm on the wide end, I did not seem to be able to duplicate the original.

The time of day, lighting (Partly cloudy - vs- sunny), shadows were all different and, come to think of it, I used spot metering as opposed to Matrix.

This judgement, of course, from looking at the result in the LCD and not on a full screen or print (could change everything).

What I learned? Sometimes you can't duplicate, or improve, work you've already done.

02-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Amen to that. When the shot you want is there, take it.
Nothing will ever be the same again.
02-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
racinsince55

QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote
At noon time today, I went back to a Victorian house I had previously taken a shot of.

The original was with the DA 18-55 and todays was with my recently acquired DA 16-45.

What I learned? Sometimes you can't duplicate, or improve, work you've already done.

Well! UPS just delivered my new DA 16-45 yesterday and other than a few junk shots around the house, I haven't done anything at all with it yet.

I was thinking about going around a re-shooting some of the stuff I shot with the Kit lens. But, after reading your comments, I may just leave well enough alone and be happy with what I've already shot.

I hope to have some pics to post here by Monday of next week.
02-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter

On my website I have this photo American Heritage Photography - AB004 which was taken with a 3mp N*k*n p&s.

I have tried repeatedly with my other cameras to recapture the feel of this photo, and just can't seem to get what I want.

I feel your pain.

02-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote

Or in our case, imagine it :-) Howzabout posting them?
02-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Haha hey SpecialK. good to see ya around here too!
02-20-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Eddy, look at it this way, now you have even more photographic opportunities. The light is always changing, and you have a myriad of other parameters you can play with. The same subject can look markedly different in an hour or so. If you missed a shot there will be another one just as interesting, not the same one mind, but just as interesting for sure.

NaCl(the only constant is change)H2O