Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2017, 03:37 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies guys... All points noted.

09-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I just upgraded from my K-s2 to the KP, while not a huge difference, it is noticeable especially on low light photos and the AF is much better.
09-03-2017, 08:47 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seagas Quote
I just upgraded from my K-s2 to the KP, while not a huge difference, it is noticeable especially on low light photos and the AF is much better.
Looking at your avatar seagas, if i ever start a successful company, I'm going to name you CEO. You look much more like a person who should be running a company than i do.
09-03-2017, 12:55 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You will get a noticeable improvement for low-light/higher ISO low-noise performance with the KP. I've owned one since May. You will also have superior fine detail resolution by way of the 24mp sensor and Prime IV engine with accelerator, and the fact that you will no longer have the AA filter, and you have access to the advanced pixel-shift resolution. I noticed some improvement in fine detail when going from my K-5 to the K-5 IIs, both of which have a 16mp sensor similar to your K-30. The KP is still somewhat better yet, as well as in metering, and AF. A great camera, and very well built.

The degree of improvement will of course also depend on what lenses you will be using, as far as fine detail. And, always set your sharpening in the custom image menu to +1 (already default in the "Bright" category) then add the "F" for "Fine sharpening for both "Bright" and "Natural".

I still do very much like my K-5 cameras, especially the K-5 IIs. Still very fine imaging and speedy control set. I employ what I need at the time.

Last edited by mikesbike; 09-03-2017 at 01:10 PM.
09-03-2017, 01:12 PM - 1 Like   #20

Photos: Gallery
I did upgrade from K-30 to Kp, and the arguments for me was more than the better image quality, like:

* Mobile connectivity with Wifi sharing to be able to do quick uploads to internet etc without going through a computer.

* Way better dust removal on sensor than K-30. On the K-30 I had to erase spots from dust every now and then, but that problem is almost gone entirely with Kp (like it does with K-3 II as well).

* Way better AF performance. The Kp actually can follow targets like runners, cyclists and children quite easily, especially with the PLM 55-300 which is not supported on the K-30.

* Better UI with more dials, e.g. to have one dial for aperture, one for shutter speed and the third one for ISO.

* New Possibilities with Astrotracer (but on the Kp you must also have the O-GPS module).

etc... I can easily recommend going from K-30 to the Kp!
09-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Looking at your avatar seagas, if i ever start a successful company, I'm going to name you CEO. You look much more like a person who should be running a company than i do.
LOL, well thank you! I'm am a bit busy as I'm already involved with 16 other companies currently, none of which am I the CEO