Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K3ii overexposure problem...

There is a thread on 'another forum' about systemic overexposure by the K3ii. I've actually noticed that with mine, as well. It overexposes frequently, it pretty much any situation, indoors and out, with and without flash. I have taken to using it at -1 EV and just adjusting the pictures slightly if they are kind of dull. It's nice to have my findings confirmed by other users of this otherwise wonderful camera.

Anybody here notice this with theirs? Adam?

Cheers,
Cameron

09-06-2017, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Might be interesting to see that thread! 1EV sounds a bit excessive so it could be user error / weird settings or semi-incompatible lenses. Could also well be a mechanical or hardware issue if the camera does this consistently.

Let's start with:
-Some sample photos
-EXIF information, lens, shooting mode

There are several threads on our forum as well where it ended up being fixable

Pentax K-3 Overexposure Problem - PentaxForums.com
Random overexposure problem getting worse! - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Interesting issue. Never heard about this before. Hopefully it's not an issue that will start showing up in a lot of cameras. Might just be a settings thing.