Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2017, 09:05 AM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I cringe every single time when someone's making wild assumptions about what could influence the AF speed. When evaluating performance, you know nothing until you measure it.
Besides, the theory "Pentax' AF is slow because of SR" was started by Canon trolls (to be clear: on other places, by other people).
The biggest factors are clearly user error and lens focus mechanism. I can't track anything with the DA *55 on any camera I own or have owned. The focus throw is so long and the focus motor slow enough it can't keep up. At the same time, with the DFA *70-200 I have had no issues with taking photos of my kids that are plenty sharp. The DC motor lenses along with the DFA zooms are probably much better able to keep up than older screw driven and SDM driven lenses.

I said before that it doesn't have anything to do with SR.

I do think that top end Canon and Nikon cameras are better at tracking than the K-1 is.

09-29-2017, 09:10 AM   #92
Pentaxian

Rondec, we're in full agreement.
By the way, I find the D FA 150-450's motor adequate. Not lightning fast like the 55-300 PLM's, but (surprisingly) a bit faster than the Nikkor 200-500's.