Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2008, 12:47 AM   #76

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote

This is an old picture, and doesn't include my 6x7 (add another 8 lenses and a camera)
I wasnt implying that you don't have a lot of stuff.. but to say you have more glass than the top 6 people here combined is a bold statement... I'm sure there are a few folks here with very impressive lens collections.. They don't call it LBA for nothing

08-25-2008, 01:46 AM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You haven't got a freaking clue about what you are talking about, so you just revert to the personal attacks typical of mindless fanboys. I probably own more Pentax glass than any 6 people on this forum combined, and yes, I am a little peeved that the best camera I can get to put them on is a K20.
Why should I be happy that I have to put the best glass in the world on a second rate camera?
Your standards are not my standards, obviously.
Have you never had the pleasure of using a camera capable of 9FPS, and appreciated the responsiveness of a machine of that caliber?
Don't bother answering that question, it was rhetorical.
Anyway, keep being happy that you get to play in the shallow end of the pool. Eventually, you may grow up and realize that there are a lot of opportunities you are missing because you think that a paddling pool is the best that there is.
I have no comment re your post except the 6 people combined bit as jim king is known to post here from time to time
08-25-2008, 05:47 AM   #78
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by philmorley Quote
I have no comment re your post except the 6 people combined bit as jim king is known to post here from time to time
WendyB's collection of 236 lens counts?

Radu
08-25-2008, 05:56 AM   #79

i too defected to nikon. i had some cash and wanted to upgrade, i tested a friend's K10, and my boss's D80 and chose the D80.
i bought a tamron 17-50 and a nikkor 105 and i couldn't be more pleased. i chose the D80 because of the overall noise at high ISO, controls layout and "feel" of the thing, AF speed and lenses available.
i'm talking about a 50 1.8 that pentax doesn't offer new, a 105 macro with supersonic motor, sealing and VR, which i use basically for everything (portrait, sports, macro...it's blazing fast), a 85 1.8, a 17-55 2.8 nikkor that truly is professional, unlike the 16-50, with the recalls and all, 70-200 2.8 nikkor, pentax does not have an alternative, and FF possibilities for upgrade.

pentax is good at an amateur-advanced amateur level, i had a great time with pentax and i still consider buying a DL with takumar 50 /4 macro, but when you earn money out of your shots, you need nothing but the best.

best of luck, nicolaie.

08-25-2008, 06:14 AM   #80
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Threads like this (plus the increasing number of them) and the direction they all seem to follow are why I come here less and less. It's a shame as I used to really enjoy these forums. I'll check the POTW, some Post your Photos! and the marketplace from time to time, otherwise I think this is mostly a load of crap. I'm particularly disappointed with one recurring poster but to avoid a flame battle, I'll say no more.

But who the hell am I? Just another satisfied Pentax rookie who doesn't know any better and makes a decent $$ selling his work. Someone who must just be easily pacified with such a low level of quality.

If Pentax doesn't do it for you, then fine. No brand will ever satisfy everyone. Get the tools you need for your type of shooting. Sell what you don't like, buy what you do like. Then shut the H**L up and move on. I hear DPR is looking for new members.

Now please return to your regularly scheduled bitching.
08-25-2008, 06:19 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Threads like this (plus the increasing number of them) and the direction they all seem to follow are why I come here less and less. It's a shame as I used to really enjoy these forums. I'll check the POTW, some Post your Photos! and the marketplace from time to time, otherwise I think this is mostly a load of crap. I'm particularly disappointed with one recurring poster but to avoid a flame battle, I'll say no more.

But who the hell am I? Just another satisfied Pentax rookie who doesn't know any better and makes a decent $$ selling his work. Someone who must just be easily pacified with such a low level of quality.

If Pentax doesn't do it for you, then fine. No brand will ever satisfy everyone. Get the tools you need for your type of shooting. Sell what you don't like, buy what you do like. Then shut the H**L up and move on. I hear DPR is looking for new members.

Some of the more cranky/antagonistic ones came from DPR.

08-25-2008, 06:52 AM   #82
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Now jsherman999 you are one of the many I respect here (not to exclude others here and elsewhere). We've disagreed on a couple of things and have discussed the pros and cons in a civilized manner. I've enjoyed the DA35mm thread and come to realize that it's another example of one of Pentax's current and historical strengths. Glass. I feel the bodies are another but will not enter into this discussion here.

This stone throwing from glass houses is what gets me.

08-25-2008, 06:53 AM   #83
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

Where's DPR?

. . .

J/K
08-25-2008, 07:09 AM   #84
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

A black hole a lot of the time Blue (at least in much of the forum behavior). But it's here:
Digital Camera Reviews and News: Digital Photography Review: Forums, Glossary, FAQ
08-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

whats wrong with cranky and antagonistic?
08-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #86
Veteran Member

personally i love these threads. people throwing out the FFword, bitching, whining, vague user opinions, it's awesome, keeps me entertained at work.
this is what i go to DPR for but when it's in my "home" here, even better
08-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nicolaie Quote
i tested ... my boss's D80 and chose the D80.
that was a political decision
08-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #88
Veteran Member

You guys sure talk a lot about Nikon and Canon on a Pentax forum.

Since i have both systems, I'm allowed.

Dave
08-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote

Peter, the forum would be poorer without your presence ...
just think of this as another WendyB thread, grab your beer and popcorn
08-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #90
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
Peter, the forum would be poorer without your presence ...
just think of this as another WendyB thread, grab your beer and popcorn
I suppose we should all have to agree to be Pentax fanboys to join, and then all work our way up to being choirboys at the church of Pentax, worshiping with the zealots, and casting out those heretics who dare say anything that doesn't match the guidelines set down in the mantra of the mindless?
A little criticism from time to time isn't a bad thing, no matter what the more rabid would say.
What is really entertaining is how predictable it is when someone posts something negative about Pentax.
The same names, the same tired old Pentax apologies, the same broken record, repeating itself ad nauseum:

"if you hate Pentax so much, buy a Nikon" CLICK "if you hate Pentax so much, buy a Nikon" CLICK "if you hate Pentax so much, buy a Nikon" CLICK "if you hate Pentax so much, buy a Nikon" CLICK "if you hate Pentax so much, buy a Nikon" CLICK "if you hate Pentax so much, buy a Nikon" CLICK..........