Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
Forum Member

Still no news about a new camera?

Hi guys, itīs me again...
I need an upgrade to replace my K-50, iīm going crazy but I donīt want to buy a K-3 ii and I donīt have enough money to buy a K-1
I have the idea that Pentax is going to release a K-3 iii in a short time, are there any news or rumors?

09-20-2017, 04:56 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KevinMoss Quote
iīm going crazy
I'm already there, last year i went to the camera shop to feel the weight of a K-1,it felt OK....then i went even CRAZIER,i went to the bank and got the $$$$$

THEN, i went more crazy,i went back to the camera shop!...guess the rest!

Ps,i upgraded from a K-50 too.
09-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I need an upgrade to replace my K-50, iīm going crazy but I donīt want to buy a K-3 ii and I donīt have enough money to buy a K-1
I have the idea that Pentax is going to release a K-3 iii in a short time, are there any news or rumors?
No news about future products, Kevin, what would you buy from the current ones - K-70? K-S2? KP?
09-20-2017, 05:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Still no news about a new camera?
I feel your pain. I'm using a K-50 now. I own enough aps c lenses to play the waiting game. But the K-1 is awfully tempting.

09-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I'm already there, last year i went to the camera shop to feel the weight of a K-1,it felt OK....then i went even CRAZIER,i went to the bank and got the $$$$$

THEN, i went more crazy,i went back to the camera shop!...guess the rest!

Ps,i upgraded from a K-50 too.

Well I upgraded from a K-50 also, but it was to a K-3 in 2014 and now I'm sitting on go for a K-3ii replacement. It will probably be my last DSLR. so come on Pentax get a move on.

The current crop of APS-C sensor Pentax systems are lacking in some area that is important to me so none appeal to me. About half of my lens are APS-C only lens and I don't want to buy a K-1 and lose the use of some of my lens (I know there is a crop mode in the K-1).

Larry
09-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Well I upgraded from a K-50 also, but it was to a K-3 in 2014 and now I'm sitting on go for a K-3ii replacement. It will probably be my last DSLR. so come on Pentax get a move on.

The current crop of APS-C sensor Pentax systems are lacking in some area that is important to me so none appeal to me. About half of my lens are APS-C only lens and I don't want to buy a K-1 and lose the use of some of my lens (I know there is a crop mode in the K-1).

Larry
We're in the same boat
09-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
I don't want to buy a K-1
Me either, but when you see the capabilities,its worth the investment.[COLOR="Silver"]

09-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I have a K-3II and it is a very well styled, featured, built, and performing camera. The option of waiting for the next aps-c flagship model is there if you would like to and can wait. I would recommend the K-3II if you cannot wait, due to it having a top of body lcd screen.

Last edited by C_Jones; 09-20-2017 at 07:14 PM.
09-20-2017, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The KP was recently released and is positioned just below the flagship. Would be a very solid upgrade over the K-50 in all ways.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #10
mee
Veteran Member

I won't try to steer you away from what you want since you seem to know what you want. How frustrating is that? No, I'll just tell you no there is no public news or rumors at the moment.

There are small to medium sized trade shows coming up next month, but I don't think a new Pentax body has been announced there. I don't even think RI does that much for Pentax bodies.. they just seem to show up when Ricoh feels like it.

That said, they announced the original K-3 back on October 7, 2013. So they have been known to release new bodies around this time of the year. Also, today is the 7th anniversary of the original K-5 launch (September 20, 2010).
09-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #11
Pentaxian

What will the next apsc camera be? Nikon 500 style? I doubt that. What is their niche?
Fullframe will compete against d850. I want to know i am up for the next round or settle for used.
09-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you are coming from a mid-level body, what impels your "need" to upgrade and why? What is the K-3 ii missing that forces you to ignore it?

The KP is a brilliant camera by the way.
09-20-2017, 08:14 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
I was thinking in investing on a KP, but i donīt feel confident enough, Iīll better wait for a K-3iii or a K-1
The thing is that I donīt want to spend a thousand dollars on a camera that might get replaced next year
I donīt like the KP that much even though the ISO is amazing, I feel that the K-3ii has a lot more specs to offer and is more versatile
09-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Those 2 are big upgrades over the K-50, a not so big upgrade is the K-70 but the KP is what i'd buy IF i was upgrading.

So whats the logic going from the entry level(K-**)...to the top level Apsc(K-*)

Do you need faster? dual card slots?Longevity?
09-20-2017, 08:24 PM - 8 Likes   #15
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A great camera doesn't stop being a great camera when a new model comes out.

Just sayin'