Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Nice, but not as good as using bracketed? I'm thinking if highlights are blown, there won't be detail left to expose.
It has its advantages over bracketing in some situations, for instance if there is any movement in the camera or the subject being photographed, a single shot will be crisp and no ghosting. Of course you cant "re-unblow" overblown highlights, you have to be the judge of what you can use and not use for this method accordingly.

Here is one I took from a single image back in July. I think it looks "real" and not over the top or cartoon-ish like some HDRs can produce.

08-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A recent issue of Photoshop Creative (UK) had a very nice article on HDR which included a profile and information/tips from the Ryan McGinnis I linked to earlier. It is an excellent HDR tutorial (but naturally covers the Photoshop Way).
08-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #18

If you want realistic HDRI

try enfuse (only works for multiple exposures)

Enfuse - PanoTools.org Wiki

the resulting image may lack a bit of contrast but this is easily fixed. you won't have to worry about halo's and over saturated colors common to a lot of HDR+Tone mapping software.

some samples on flickr

Flickriver: Most interesting photos from Enfuse pool