Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2017, 04:09 AM   #1

Help. Ricoh Image Sync App

Hi All,

This is my first post and im depserate for help with the Image Sync App. Ive had my Pentax K70 for approximately 6months. Ive used the app very successfully to transfer images to my phone for 6 months, however last week the app simply wont sync with my android s8 plus any more. Im umable to now transfer to my phone which is the primary reason i purchased the Pentax K70.

Ive contacted Pentax Australia and they were not help and just took my number amd said theyd get back to me.

My friend has an Iphone and i tested the app on their phone tonight and it worked flawlessly.

I really want this app to work app as ive paid for a product that I'm no longer getting.

Any help is welcome and moat certainly appreciated.

P.s. is there a cord i could purchase yo transfer to my phone in lieu of reliance on a wifi connection? I need help.

09-26-2017, 06:13 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by jg1982 Quote
Hi All,

This is my first post and im depserate for help with the Image Sync App. Ive had my Pentax K70 for approximately 6months. Ive used the app very successfully to transfer images to my phone for 6 months, however last week the app simply wont sync with my android s8 plus any more. Im umable to now transfer to my phone which is the primary reason i purchased the Pentax K70.

Ive contacted Pentax Australia and they were not help and just took my number amd said theyd get back to me.

My friend has an Iphone and i tested the app on their phone tonight and it worked flawlessly.

I really want this app to work app as ive paid for a product that I'm no longer getting.

P.s. is there a cord i could purchase yo transfer to my phone in lieu of reliance on a wifi connection? I need help.
Some ideas...
Do you have your location service on?
You can try turning off your GSM data service and only have wifi.
You can use an usb otg cable or adaptor to connect your phone to you camera.
09-26-2017, 06:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi All,

You have to contact Ricoh directly they may or may not be able to help. Sometimes a system update will cause the app not to work: that happened to me when an earlier version of android was updated. Eventually Ricoh updated the APP. The other thing you may try is to remove and reinstall the app. I've found that's worked for some misbehaving apps .
09-26-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi All,

Please be more explicit as to what is happening or not happening. Can you connect the wifi between the camera and the phone? Has your phone software changed since it worked?
When you respond, list the steps you take and what happens. In those steps where is the difference happening?

Ricoh will be of no help!

RONC

09-26-2017, 11:12 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First things first, check to see if there are any updates in google Play.

If not, try to connect to the camera's wi-fi manually BEFORE opening the app. Then, click on the manual connection button in the app and it should just work.

A more specific description of the issue will definitely help us help you better

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-26-2017, 07:32 PM   #6

Original Poster
Good Afternoon All,

Thank you for the reply. You're right, Ricoh are not help.

To answer some questions, I provide the following comments:
- I have tried turning off my mobile data and Location Services.
- I am able to manually connect to the phone through settings on my Android but unable to connect to the app.
- I deleted and reinstalled the app. I also returned my camera to factory default settings.
- I have the latest version of the app as available in the google app store.
- My phone has not been updated since being operable.
09-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good Afternoon All,

Thank you for the reply. You're right, Ricoh are not help.

To answer some questions, I provide the following comments:
- I have tried turning off my mobile data and Location Services.
- I am able to manually connect to the phone through settings on my Android but unable to connect to the app.
- I deleted and reinstalled the app. I also returned my camera to factory default settings.
- I have the latest version of the app as available in the google app store.
- My phone has not been updated since being operable.
Please explain unable to connect to the app entails. You are connected to the camera from the phone. You then open the app. What happens from this step?
RONC

09-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #8

Note that apple requires you to connect first, then open the app. Android is very different in that it requires you to open the app, then connect using the app. Android also now warns me (Huawei) that the camera wifi does not have Internet access and the default is to move to another wifi connection.

It is not the best app. It still does not remember my previous log in. If it hangs on my Android, I connect on my iPad and change the password. It then works on Android.
09-27-2017, 01:37 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Timd Quote
Note that apple requires you to connect first, then open the app. Android is very different in that it requires you to open the app, then connect using the app. Android also now warns me (Huawei) that the camera wifi does not have Internet access and the default is to move to another wifi connection.

It is not the best app. It still does not remember my previous log in. If it hangs on my Android, I connect on my iPad and change the password. It then works on Android.
I always connect phone and camera then open the app on both of my Android devices. This how Pentax originally said to do it. The latest app connects very easily and quickly.

RONC
10-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did we solve this problem? I like to know if there is anything I can do.

RONC
10-04-2017, 03:15 AM   #11

Original Poster
Hi All,

Regrettably not. Ive tried all suggestions and no luck. I'm still open to ideas but the app is not even close to working which is really disapointing as its worked flawlessly for the past few months.

Coincidently, i contacted Pentax Australia who are attempting to help.
10-04-2017, 04:11 AM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi All,

Regrettably not. Ive tried all suggestions and no luck. I'm still open to ideas but the app is not even close to working which is really disapointing as its worked flawlessly for the past few months.

In your opinion, why do you think other K-70 users haven't reported this yet, JG? Or other owners like those of the K-1, which uses the same app?

10-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi All,

If we can help we will.
Please run a test where you connect phone and camera before opening the app. Then be explicit in telling us what happens when you open the app. If you are able to go further tell us what is happening. We have a good deal of experience solving these problems but you must supply the information.
Cheers,
RONC
10-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
In your opinion, why do you think other K-70 users haven't reported this yet, JG? Or other owners like those of the K-1, which uses the same app?
Thats the question im asking. Im assuming the app is not compatitible with newest samsung software update.

---------- Post added 10-04-17 at 08:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
If we can help we will.
Please run a test where you connect phone and camera before opening the app. Then be explicit in telling us what happens when you open the app. If you are able to go further tell us what is happening. We have a good deal of experience solving these problems but you must supply the information.
Cheers,
RONC
Thanks for the reply. I have done this. I can connect to wifi proir to opening app. Then attempt to connect when the app is openned. At this point the app will say "cannot establish connection" or something similar. ..thanks again.
10-04-2017, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Is it staying connected to the camera's WiFi? Worthwhile checking if Smart Network Switching is enabled:

What is Smart Network switching?